1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to 3DS scene Few questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Magnani, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Magnani

Magnani Member

Ok, I have been doing some searching as to what is needed to hack 3DS. I have been doing WII and 360 for years, but have no idea about 3DS. A point in the right direction or quick list of topics to search for would be greatly appreciated.
    I have seen things about R4i Gold card, but am unsure if this does everything. I am wondering if this will allow play of backed up newer 3D games or just older DSI games and such. I have seen conflicting data about this.

Anyway, if I look in system settings it is Ver. 2.1.0-4U
    I know from experience with other systems that system update is not always a good idea, so should I leave it at this? Update via internet? Update via SD or something to a version other than the newest? Is R4i the card I should get? And, will this allow playing of everything, or should I wait until there is more progress with 3DS?
    Thanks Again for any help or a point in the right direction since everything I have read today conflicts with each other.

2. xbox09

xbox09 Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  3. Magnani

Magnani Member

Ok, thanks, that's what I thought. Everyone advertises that their card works with 3ds but do not specifically state that that does not include playing 3ds ROMS, only ds/dsi, etc. I was having trouble finding a definitive answer on this. Thanks, I guess I will wait until new news comes out before I buy anything

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012