1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to BitComet

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ShadoEnn, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ShadoEnn

ShadoEnn Member

Hey Guys:

I'm new to using torrents. I chose to use BitComet based on the excellent forum review and instruction found here at Afterdawn. So far, I'm pretty impressed with the way the whole P2P works; I do however have one qualm; Is there any was for me to speed up my download and upload time? Like I said, I read through the tutorials and using my DSL connection, I set my Global Max up/download speeds to 76/ 756kB/s respectively. But as we speak, I'm downloading a game (health is 2076% with with 10 seeds and 29 peers) but my speeds are hanging out around 34kB/s for download and 22kB/s for upload. Can I change this or is it really case specific?

2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

You download and upload speeds all depend on the people you connect to and the people who connect to you.

You can't download any faster than the seeds/peers can upload to you.
    You also can't upload any faster than the peers download speed.
    (if that makes sense?)

If not let me know, I'll try reword it =)
    alien13

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

The best thing you can do is make sure your getting torrents with lots of seeds, make sure their isn't too many peers either. If it has more seeds than peers it'll go faster.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007