1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to burning DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ronnyc, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ronnyc

ronnyc Member

I am just starting out and have downloaded both the "DVD Decrypter" and "DVD Shrink" software. I am having all kinds of trouble, I guess I'm just being stupid, but do I decrypt the DVD I'm trying to copy first and save it on my HDD, then if it's too large for a DVD-R do I then use the Shrink software? Lost PLEASE help! My first DVD that I'm trying to copy is "Cellular" help!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Up until December 2004, it was most common to use Shrink first to decrypt and compress in one step and then use Nero or Decrypter to finish burning the blank dvd. In December 04 several new encryptions were developed and the way of doing backups has changed slightly. If you find a new movie that Shrink can't decrypt, you have to rip it to your HD with Decrypter first. Then open those files with Shrink to edit and compress it. Then use Nero or Decrypter to burn. In Shrinks settings is a box to check if you want to burn with Nero. Unchecking it will make Shrink burn with Decrypter. The change is because Decrypter has been updated to handle the new encryptions where as Shrink hasn't. Check the guide tab at page to if you need more help on using either program.

Jerru