1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to DVD Burning and need some help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sredlady, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

Ok hey all I am really needing some help, I have decrypted All About The Benjamins and now I am trying to use Nero to burn it, but I am completely LOST! I tried but I keep getting errors stating VIDEO_TS.IFO file is not present and VIDEO_TS.BUP is not present.. I have no clue where to find these files. If anyone could reply back and give me a push in the right direction I would appreciate it very much... Thanks

2. harvey713

harvey713 Member

I'm pretty new to this also but I have learned a little. The .ifo file is an information file that tells the player how to play the .vob. The .bup file is a backup of the .ifo file. I use a program called SmartRipper. Try it and make sure is is set to rip all files and you will have the .ifo and .bup files to burn. I also use Nero but haven't burned any DVD-Rs yet.

3. duchy

duchy Member

need to use ifoedit

4. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

Hey thanks I will try smart ripper, I have IFOedit but I am lost when it comes to using it and don't know which file to select or how to run the edit program.

5. harvey713

harvey713 Member

Here's some of what I'v learned. Lets say you rip a DVD and now you want to burn the movie to dvd-r. You need to locate the vob files that contain the actual movie. Start playing them one by one until you find the start of the movie. The ones immediately following that one will most likely be about a gig in size with the last one somewhat smaller. Create a folder called video_ts and copy the vob files into it. Then, using IfoEdit's Create ifo function create those file in your video_ts folder. Keep your fingers crossed that it's smaller than 4.7 gigs. If it is then fire up Nero, select dvd\dvd movie. Navigate to your video_ts folder and select all the files inside and burn to dvd.This will leave you with just the movie. No previews, no trailers or any of the extra stuff that most dvds have on them. I'm not certain if the video_ts folder needs to be burned. Maybe someone out there can answer that question. A good place for info is www.vcdhelp.com they have a dvd area with a lot of information and ripping guides. I even found a firmware patch for my set top DVD player that allows me to turn off Macrovision and change region codes as often as I want. www.nerd-out.com/darrenk

6. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

Ok there is only one problemo I am using xp professional and I can't get ifoedit to work is there another program that works just as well as this one??

7. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

Still having some troubles.. I have ripped a dvd and all the files are there but how in the heck do I open the Video_ts_ifo file and video_ts_bup file. I mean using what program. I tried burning the movie I ripped added the 2 files but nero is stating they are still not present. So I am lost AGAIN.. any help would be nice.. thanks

8. malum

malum Regular member

There are many many step by step guies out there.
    I am at work so I don't have the links here, search the forum and you'll see that you aren't the first to ask this question.
    Basically you need to use ifoedit. I use it with XP prof with no problem.

9. harvey713

harvey713 Member

Don't give up. I do have a few questions, though. 1. Have you successfully identified the files (.vob) that contain the actual movie? 2. You don't want the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. It's the VIDEO_00_01_TS.IFO file that contains the info you need. I'm not sure if that's the correct file name but it's close. Examine the file structures. 3. You don't need to open .bup files, they're only backups but IfoEdit can create those also. 4. After examining the structure of a rental dvd I noticed that all the relevant files are contained in a folder called VIDEO_TS (must be all caps).
    When loading Nero only load .vob, .ifo and .bup files, nothing else in the folder. I ripped a movie, targeted the relevant .vob files, used dvd2avi the .d2v and .wav file and ripped those to mpg2. File came out to 3 gigs. More than enough room to fit on dvd-r. Now, all I need is the Nero settings to burn it to DVD-R in the right format so that it will play on my set top dvd. Keep posting.We'll get it right eventually. And try not to burn too many coasters in the process. I'm using a RW until I get it right.

10. harvey713

harvey713 Member

Oops, guilty of a sin of ommision. I used TMPGenc to rip the .d2v and .wav files to mpg2.
    Sorry about that.

11. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

Hey all to reply to your questiond yea I found the files I need the vob but I thought I was suppsed to burn all files on the dvd.. thanks for clearing that up. And also I have looked online and in the forums for guides and help but in ALL HONESTY none of them are step by step and I am a complete NEWBIE I know didley about this, so I need pretty much a step by step guide with pics to show the settings and everything I would need. It would be different if I actually had some knowledge of what I was doing but I have NONE. However I did find an excellent guide on how to put a complete movie on CD-R and I have done thing but unfortunately , I found out my DVD player which is RCA and about 2 yrs old won't play CD-R'S.. so I'm SOL again. any how anyone that knows of any good step - by- step guides let me know. I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

12. amikayla

amikayla Guest

I found a guide called DVD COPY MAGIC it gives complete instructions with pictures on how to burn dvd movies. It works well but takes about 12 hours to make 1 dvd. If you email me at amikayla@runbox.com I will send it to you along with the software you need.

13. harvey713

harvey713 Member

Here's a guide that finally got me going.
    www.dvd2dvdr.com/part_i.htm

14. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

THANKS everyone for helping me out I appreciate it, I have been real busy and haven't been able to try out these guides yet but I will try them out tomorrow and let you know how everything came out for me... Thanks again

15. maunaloa

maunaloa Guest

obviously am new to this.and I have THE basic question? is it possible to copy a dvd movie using minus hardware into just one dvd media?? am talking about run of the mill bought or rented dvd movie with all its protections....and also can you take care of the region issue using regionkiller and then playing it back in a home dvd unit??
    thanks a bundle...maunaloa

16. Sredlady

Sredlady Member

Hey there all I am replying back I tried following the guide that was given to me and Gosh it ALMOST worked...haha The Guide I used required Primo and I use Nero, so therefore I tried to follow the same instructions using Nero but nothing good happened. Could you help me out I really don't want to have to purchase another burning software. This is the guide I used if it helps you figure out what I need to do on Nero please reply and let me know http://www.dvd2dvdr.com/index.htm...Thanks

17. madali

madali Guest

can you help? i can rip the dvd no problem, i have the ifo and vob files but when i try to burn with nero to dvd it wont work? why?

18. madali

madali Guest

thought i'd best let you know what it actually says when i try, in the log window if you like it says 'DVD files relocation started'
    then 'Unspecified internal error'
    then 'DVD files relocation failed'