1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to DVD burning...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by reacon, Jan 30, 2007.

1. reacon

reacon Member

Totally new and have a few questions...and some I expect are tired of seeing these post over and over. First of all I have a new PC, and it has a DVD burner(Lightscribe DVD±R Writer/cd Writer). I have downloaded Ares ,DVDFab Decrypter and Nero 7. What a challange getting all these working, but finally was able to download a movie, and burn to a DVD+R 4.7. My question is when I go to copy to a DVD blank, due to the movie size I would have to accept a lesser quality burn, and produces a not so nice vision, so If I was able to use a duel sided DVD blank, is it possible I could burn the movie at the highest quality. I hope someone out there understands what I'm trying to get across. Thks. this would be my first post, and hope I can come back with a few more probs....

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

reacon
    yes you do lose some quality with compression. most say only noticeable on lagre screen tvs. you can use dl and get great result. i think they cost more. (i dont burn dl so i dont know pricing). if you use your programs properly you can yeald good result on dvd5s.

3. reacon

reacon Member

Thks born2ride...I will try the dl and see what results I get. Also will see if I can get a dvd5 and try that to see the results. I also need a little more education using the programs to get better results. Thks I'm sure I will be back.

ps: I think my DVD player should do everything I'm going to try.

4. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

5. reacon

reacon Member

* (DVD-RB Pro + CCE SP 2.70 via 3 PASSES VBR), not sure what this means but I'm headed in for a look...lots of info in the pages you gave me...thks again.