1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by epperson6, Jan 26, 2005.

1. epperson6

epperson6 Guest

I just got a dvd burner, and am having a very hard time. I have dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. I was able to burn one movie, it took me a couple days, to try and figure it out. I cant get anymore movies to burn. I only have an 8gig hard drive, could that be the problem? I have 6gig open space. I finially got another burned, but with many errors, and it will not play in my dvd player, but other burned movies have. Also I have nero 6 and there are soooo many burning options, witch one is the best?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

8GB Hard Drive wow!! I didnt think anyone had those anymore ;-)
    If you are going to continue backing up movies I would suggest you throw another hard drive in your computer.

Well if you have 6GB then you will run into problems trying to backup intire movies because they are bigger than this. If you are doing only the main movie you will still have problem's with a lot of movies being to big to fit on 6GB of space. Thing is you are going to continue to run into problems with that little bit of space. I would reccomend at a minimmum you should have 10GB of free space to properly back up a movie.

Also no need to struggle backing up your movies use one of these guides http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/