1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rohog, Apr 2, 2007.

1. rohog

rohog Guest

I am new to using this software. I have read the suggested instructions and everything was fine until I tried burning star wars trilogy. a friend suggested any dvd, I downloaded that software and that is still not working. Any advice would be great. Thank you

2. onya

onya Guest

You havn't mentioned what exactly is going wrong, so more info would be great.

One of my favourite ways to backup is using RipIt4Me. The app works in conjunction with DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and either nero or ImgBurn. This all freeware(1 click) combo works very well, but Decrypter and AnyDVD clash, so I disable AnyDVD when I use it. Have a read of these guides for it's installation and use....(4th one down)

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html

3. rohog

rohog Guest

Intro to the movie will start but as soon as you choose a directive from main menu the movie will just freeze, and my dvd player will no longer read. I have also tried burning just the movie with no extras. Thanks for responding.

4. onya

onya Guest

Media quality and burnspeeds, are two of the main culprits for freezing, skipping etc. What do you use and what speed have you burnt at?

5. rohog

rohog Guest

I just checked what my settimgs are and seem to be dvd-5 4464mb. Thank you for the link.

6. rohog

rohog Guest

I just tried the link to ripit4me and it does not seem to be responding. any advice?

7. onya

onya Guest

It seems that RipIt4Me' days are done. However, go HERE and grab it while you can. Make a copy and keep it safe.....just in case.