1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by guessswho, Sep 4, 2007.

1. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

So I've read the textbook guide to flashing and doing everything and I have a couple questions. For all the different versions of the hitachi and samsung drives, I obviously need different pci sata controllers. Would anyone happen to already have the links to the different ones and for which drive you would use them on? I'm honestly just not 100% sure and I don't want to buy the wrong ones. Also, some of my friends are looking to do this, and I know I am going to have to be the one to try to do it with them. Knowing that I haven't done this before, if I follow the hacking the xbox 360 guide tutorials on how to flash the different drives, is this going to be something a newb at flashing could do, or should we really not mess with it? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Get a Via 6421 card,and yes a newb should be able to flash a 360 as long as you read books/tutorials and follow the instructions

3. dakid712

dakid712 Member

It should be easy for a newb, I started with the tutorial and I have done over 100 flashes since. And the via 6241 works with both Samsung and Hitachi. Good luck

4. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

ok, thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it

5. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

One last question, if I remember right, for the hitachi drives you need to put it in mode B by putting in the slax cd. When this is done, and you go about flashing it, do you need to take it out of mode B and if so, how do you do that, or is it done automatically. I guess I didn't know if it needs to be taken out of that mode or if it is fine to just stay in it. And would this be the pci slot that you recommend? Thanks again for the help:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132009&Tpk=Via+6421

Also, if my computer is nto in a raid setup, will this one still work, or do need to get the non-raid one?

6. jhc5050

jhc5050 Member

The only way for windows to recognize your drive is if it's in mode b. So the answer is no.

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member