1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Mac, program suggestions please...

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by saynt, Jan 27, 2008.

1. saynt

saynt Guest

Hey there,

I've recently started playing with a mac. for starters I've been trying to find out all the stuff that i do normally on a PC, how to do them on a mac. I have pretty much everything figured out except one last and very important step to the switch over.

Currently i'm a HUGE fan of Sony Vegas Pro. I do all my video editing and re-encoding in it. I mainly convert video feeds that I have to H.264 mp4's to be played off the ps3 connected to my network.

I need a comparable program for the mac since there's no vegas version for the mac. Help.. i need a program for the mac that can either just do the encoding to h.264 for the ps3 or a full program like vegas that i can edit the vids as well (prefered). suggestions please....

2. david456

david456 Regular member

You options would be to start out with iMovieHD or iMovie '08 (if you need AVCHD compatibility) and move onto Final Cut Express and Final Cut Studio 2 if you need more features.