1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Motorola? A list of common terms, apps, and where to get the apps.

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chubster1

chubster1 Member

thanks mossyy.

2. motopimp

motopimp Guest

3. DykappaX

DykappaX Member

OK so Mpt updated but only to 3.20 It comes up but it never recognizes my phone. When I check in control panel under System in the device manager it still doesn't have the right driver for the phone (V220). Any suggestions? I also have P2kman but I think I just need the driver to get everything to work. I have downloadedso many drivers that everybody says it needs, but windows never recognizes it and won't install. I just can't figure it out.

4. motopimp

motopimp Guest

Mossyy I downloaded the linkhttp://www.free.cz/motorola/mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip

then i went to the install shield aka setup and it asked me for a disk which I didnt have. I dont know if there is any other way of installing it on the computer. I need help as soon as possible mossyy. When I first began to install it it worked fine until it asked be for a disk ...[ NEED HELP ASAP Thanx

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

DykappaX

u need a drivers that suits for Win98Se and the only place to get them is on the top of the forum there is a thread about Drivers for all the OS try that driver and c if it would work....

motopimp
    it shouldn't say anything about Disk but i'd say get another MPT from different site......

6. motopimp

motopimp Guest

Emergency Mossyy..
    I donwloaded MPT version 1.23.. I click on data file and then click on the mphonetools application. I extract all files and then I click on the setup.. This time it doesnt ask for a disk.. The meter fills the bar completely meaning that the installation is nearly done but then a note thing pops up saying" Unhandled exception- DLL function call crashed:pBK install:Get book names. Then at the booton it says program will now terminate. I dont know what the heck to do man.. Pleez help me out and tell me what to do ..

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

8. motopimp

motopimp Guest

Mossyy as I am talking to you I am downloading MPT 2.16. I donwloaded the version 1.23 and then i had that error messgae thingy pop up . I tried hiitng CTRl ALT Delete to bring up the Task Manager .. I ended the application for installing. I went back but tyhe same eroor messgae popped up., So I am installijgn the MOT 2.16 version. Tell me if what inm doing is a good idea. And give me some advice on using P2k man

9. motopimp

motopimp Guest

Mossyy as I am talking to you I am downloading MPT 2.16. I donwloaded the version 1.23 and then i had that error messgae thingy pop up . I tried hiitng CTRl ALT Delete to bring up the Task Manager .. I ended the application for installing. I went back but tyhe same eroor messgae popped up., So I am installijgn the MOT 2.16 version. Tell me if what inm doing is a good idea. And give me some advice on using P2k man.. ThNX Mosssyy

10. motopimp

motopimp Guest

Mossyy I installed the update for Motorola Phone Toools. I installed the version 2.16. I ran and and so far so good .. If this works ur a genius

11. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i'll be waiting for the redults HaHa :D :D

about the P2Kman is a very good prog. i use it more that the MPT,,,,

12. DykappaX

DykappaX Member

I downloaded the driver, but when I try to get windows to install it, I point out the folder its in but windows doesn't see it. I am going to delete everything off and go back and re do everything. Do think that will be a good idea?

13. motopimp

motopimp Guest

Mossyy . Two questions. 1 how long does it take to become a senior member. AND two I installed MPT 2.16 and it is working but when I get the little p[fone thingy it says initialzining and there is a meter with a 0 percent sayibng no modem detected what should i do

14. Shraka

Shraka Member

I've tried to follow the help file, however I'm still having no luck getting P2KMan to connect to my phone.
    Phone: V180

I tried to follow the instructions for the registry edit, however I couldn't delete the keys the help file instructed me to.

Any assitance would be appreciated.

15. motopimp

motopimp Guest

SHraka.. I am havign the same proble as u.. Mossyy can help us. I have a v180 and when I click on onnect is says that the phone is nt connetced. I know ur pain man.. Anyways lets work together on thsi and tell me if u get any info on p2k man

16. motopimp

motopimp Guest

SHraka.. I am havign the same proble as u.. Mossyy can help us. I have a v180 and when I click on onnect is says that the phone is nt connetced. I know ur pain man.. Anyways lets work together on thsi and tell me if u get any info on p2k man.. Mossyy MPT 3.11 isnt working for me man. I wil use p2k man. But teach me how to use it cuz it sasy that the phone is not connected. Thanx

17. Shraka

Shraka Member

I've been using MPT 1.23c and treating it as a V60 phone.
    Also I found that Mobiledit works quite well.
    I just can't delete all the excess images and ringtones that come in the phone by default. That and all the other good things that P2KMAN offers.

18. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

DykappaX

i think its a good idea...

motopimp

to be a senior member i think after 500 posts u do, about ur problem, u have to install the drivers for ur fone to let MPT recognise ur fone...

Shraka
    have u installed the P2Kdrivers for WinXp.....

19. sheepr

sheepr Member

hi Mossy,im new to motorola, and today i received the cable that i ordered from some company of my V180, then i download the Motorola Phone Tools, but after installing, there was a box called "Device configuration wizard", and in the Device detection, it says "Your device has been detected but could not be identified." does it means that <Motorola Phone Tools> doesn't fit into V180?

20. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

have u installed the right drivers???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.