1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to PS2 where to start???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kafluke, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Okay so I have a modded gamecube and xbox so I'm very comfortable with soldering and have modded several xbox's and gamecubes. My wife just bought me a PS2 (the new tiny one that comes standard with a flip top dvd-rom) and I want to mod it. Where do I begin? Are there multiple ways to mod and which way is the best? I've seen several different chips and lids on-line for purchase but I want to know where to start? There are several different ways to mod an xbox with or without a chip and I've seen some swap software for the Ps2 so I'm a bit confused. Any help??

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Anybody?

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You can mod the ps2 with either a modchip, use of hdd, or swap discs. Looks like you will probably want a modchip.

I use Swap Magic myself, so i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction for some good chips.

The modchips should atleast let you play your backups just like the originals, unlike the swap method, where you need to load the boot disc to get the backup to run.