1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to psp where to start....... Please help. lol.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sf49ers, May 16, 2007.

1. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

Let me just say thanks for reading my post, I'm sure you get all kinds of this same question.
    well for starters I just got a psp off ebay and I found out it has the firmware of 2.71 and what I'm looking to do is learn how to get and copy/burn the psp images/iso games. The Only game I have is what came with the psp wich is ATV blazin trails. I can use this game as pratice. lol. I've read a little bit and downloaded a few programs but not sure whats what and if any will work with this firmware or if I even need it. I've done a few hacks to the ps1 and ps2 and want to see what I can do on the psp. Thanks for the time and any help you can give me.

David

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

first of all, check if it's a TA-082 psp.
    [​IMG]

3. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Well david, if you want to experiment with ripping games to your cpu, you need a dumper, which can be found on psp-hacks.com. which takes the games files of from the umd, via usb. And your in luck, with 2.71 you can downgrade to 1.5 and upgrade to the latest custom firmwares (3.30 eo?) and play iso's and homebrew, and as a matter of fact, touran22 has a guide for that exact thing. But DO NOT UPGRADE TO ANY OF THE LATEST OFFICIAL SONY UPGRADES, if you do, all you will able to to will be the normal psp functions.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Okay it isn't 3.30 eo....and i am checking if it's a TA-082 and he's probably going to get confused now.

5. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

Thanks for the replies. It is a IC1003 and I'll grab a dumper tonight as soon as I get home from work. any pitucular one that I should get? I'll try to find the guide by touran22 now and start reading that and try to figure out how to change the firmware.

thanks again for the help guys

6. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

7. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

ok I'm about ready to run the installer, pretty nervous about doing this. lol. after this is done whats the next step to be able to play downloaded games. :) :) thanks again for the help