1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!!NEW to PSP WORLD!!! - Please Guide Me!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hari2cool, Feb 27, 2007.

1. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

I Just purchased my PSP.....

It's a PSP-1004 and had a 2.71 firmware initially.On the spot I asked the shop guy to downgrade it to 1.5 firmware,which he did.

I came back home ...transfered a game iso and an emulator to my 2GB MS.When i tried to run the game i wasn't able to,It said please insert any UMD.....

I havnt got no UMD with me and dont have money left to purchase one.
    I had heared that there is a software which runs ISOs without any UMD in drive......can someone guide.

Can anyone also guide me that ...should i upgrade my PSP to some custom firmware,Where shoud i get it from,how to install it via a USB card reader cuz i dont hav the cable and any other tips which would be handy.

Ive got about 17 ISOs waiting for me to play!

Thanks Fellows!

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

there are some ways to get some games to play w/o a UMD, but over-all your better off buying 1 UMD.
    has to be game or demo though.

3. paul91

paul91 Regular member

omg the guy in the shop downgraded the psp for you!?

as for the custom firmware look in this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

4. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

So your running a PSP v1.5 lets start there. Heres what you can do, you can run homebrew from your memory stick. (i.e. Play NES, SNES, Sega ect.) You cannot run ISO's in 1.5. The way around this is to run a homebrew program called DevHook (v0.52.0100) which will emulate a PSP V3.11, Find it Here

Your Other Option is To upgrade to the Custom Firmware, Most people Recommend 3.03 OE-C. Thats what I use. What this will allow you to do is run v3.03 but still be able to have access to the psp's kernel and run your Homebrew, ISOs, and have the ability to customize your Firmware through the recovery menu and add plugins.
    Find Custom Firmware v3.03 OE-C Here
    The great thing about running custom firmware is you get all the benefits of v1.5 and v3.xx without having to switch between firmwares or using homebrew enablers.

AS FOR NOT NEEDING A UMD FOR ISO's
    Only Custom Firmwares Over 3.02 OE-B can run ISO's. To run ISO's without a UMD in the drive you'll need to Access the Recovery Menu. Not all games work without a UMD (I know Burnout Legends doesn't) But most games do.

Before you proceed messing with your firmware be advised that you can brick and break your psp forever if you leave out a step or something. Be sure if you have a TA-082 PSP also. Even though the TA-082 PSP have the same capabilities as other Versions its important to make sure you read any special instructions that may require you to do an extra step. Find out if your is a TA-082 Motherboard Here
    The only time your psp is at risk of bricking forever is when you're altering the PSP's Flash Memory.

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

yeeah buddy, welcome to the cult....my psp owns me now, and it takes me for walks if im a good boy..lol

1.50 is the golden FW number, from there you can do anything (pretty much) to your psp....

like vaindetta said (quite proper explanation I must say) upgrading to 303 OE-C would be the best thing for you if you're living poor man style like me.... lol, the only thing ive ever bought from sony or any company for that matter, was GTA LCS LOL

stick close to these forums mate, your PSP will soon own all your friends'...

-respect

6. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

Thanks Guys.....................
    I just checked for the motherboard version......it has got "IC1003"
    written on it.

Wats the difference b/w TA-082 and others?

I also downloaded the F/W 3.03 OE.........how do i install it ?....
    i hav'nt got the USB cable but do have the USB card reader, Guide me!

7. stagass

stagass Regular member

all u have to do is install your card through the card reader and run the program u downloaded.then just select the letter ur card's.the program will do the rest

8. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

The TA-082 PSP that has the IC1003 inside the UMD door is the type of motherboard it has. Basically its a newer motherboard design that uses less voltage. The TA-082 is Infamously known for bricking PSP's and causing the Hack community nightmares. However recently the TA-082 has been cracked to the same level as all psp's. You still need to be mindful and read everything before you start flashing firmware.

Heres were you need to start, Upgrade your PSP the offical v3.03 the find the Noobz Downgrader to get it down to 1.50. Then you can install your 3.03OE-C custom firmware. The 3.03OE-C should have a readme file to guide you step by step. you should be able to find all this by searching qj.net

9. travies0

travies0 Member

Vaindetta:

A buddy of mine has I believe a PSP 1001, with what I believe is the TA-082(has the green strip with IC1003. It is factory 2.71, never been updated or anything.

Would your instructions be the same? Upgrade to 3.03, then use Noobz Downgrader to 1.50. (Does this require a copy of GTA LCS?)

And instead of 3.03OE-C, can it be upgraded to 3.10OE-A? (I have a 3.10OE-A easy installer that is just wonderful, and does it automatically, but not sure if it's compatible with ta-082)

I have a factory 1.50, just recently upgraded to 3.10OE-A. Just wanted to get my buddy at the same firmware so I can help him out easier with any troubleshooting.

10. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

What's a PSP 1001?

Thats how I downgraded my Friends TA-082 PSP, and Yes it does require GTA: LCS *Unpatched*

As far as I know all custom firmwares are compatible with the TA-082's

YAAAAAAAAAAAAR! Sounds Great!

11. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

If your friend indeed has a TA-082 there is a downgrader for that if you are on 2.71,you do not have to upgrade to 3.03 if you are already at 2.71.

Here is the link for that:EASY DOWNGRADER FR 2.71 TA-082

PLEAse be sure to follow all instructions.

you will also need a 1.50 Eboot you get that here:

1.50 Eboot PLEAse be sure to follow all instructions.

also If you like your icons to be custom then i would recommend using firmware 3.03 OE-C its also has an easy installer right from 1.50 and Hexitnow has made it. Its very easy to use and in my opinion 3.03 OE-C is much more fun then 3.10 OE-A

here is that easy installer for 3.03 OE-C AFTER YOU DOWNGRADE TO 1.50

Easy 3.03 OE-C Installer

If you have any questions please fell free to PM me and if you are really confused send me your MSN name and ill add you. But if your gonna send me ur Email please use the PM options, do not post ur email in the forums thanx.

Enjoy

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  12. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

Hey Guyz,

i Upgraded my PSP to 3.03 OE C firmware, it's awsome !
    Love its new features like set the wallpaper, the audio visualisations .

.................but there seems to be some problem :(.

i transfered NFS Mostwanted ISO to my PSP,i tried to start it ,the PSP logo appeared,then the screen went blank after this XMB appeared saying " The game could not be loaded 80002031 (i cannot recall the code no)" ,i thought the iso was corrupt.

I deleteed NFS transfered Ridge racer ISO...the result was similar .....i thought the games wont run this way so i transfered DEV hook 0.20 , 0.22 and UMD Emulator ,they wont open either. I transfered Ridge Racer it wont also work.

I tried the upgrading application with which i upgraded from 1.5 -> 3.03 0E C...it wont open either.

I GOT WORRIED AFTER ALL THIS....I was so excited when i had upgraded the system.

All other features are working properly ,the videos ,the music the photos are all shouing up!

I dont hav a UMD , so i havnt stilltested a UMD on the console!

YOur help would be appreciated guyz!

13. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

check the recovery configuration settings...some games require you to toggle the "NO UMD" mode... also, make sure that your psp is running plain modules on the 1.50 kernel....

you should be alright...

14. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

wait a sec............ how do i do that, i mean how do i check the recovery cofig. settings,how do i toggle the no umd mode, whats a 1.50 kernel? ......

plese explain as i havnt got a clue about anything..... i am new to everything related to PSP !

one more thing.....wats a bricked PSP and a Semi-Bricked PSP?

Guide me!

Thankx

15. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Turn off your PSP completely, hold down the R trigger and turn it back on.
    Select CONFIGURATION, and enable the following:
    GAME FOLDER HOMEBREW: (CURRENTLY 1.50 KERNAL)
    USE NO UMD: ENABLED