1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by HTP, Aug 28, 2007.

1. HTP

HTP Guest

Hi All
    I have been looking through the various threads and learning about Homebrew. I haven't even taken my psp out of the box yet as i am wondering if the firmware can be downgraded on a brand new psp or just the older ones?
    thanks in advance

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Most PSP system are shipped from the factory FM 2.71 or 2.81, which are both very downgradable. There are several proven and safe methods. You could upgrade to FM 3.03, use the GTA exploit to downgrade. Upgrade to 3.50, use the Lumines exploit. Or get a fiends PSP that has CFM or 1.50 and install Pandora's Battery. All of these meathods are safe-ish and proven to work. I say safe-ish because no matter how easy you make it for people, all they have to do is something incredably stupid that common sense would tell you not to to brick your PSP. But if you follow the instructions with whatever meathod you use, and DON"T unplug the PSP or battery while downgrading, you'll be fine.

3. HTP

HTP Guest

That is awesome thanks for such a prompt relpy.