1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by philmatt, Dec 1, 2011.

1. philmatt

philmatt Member

i have recevied a psp with 6.60pro-B9 cfw but no pro duo card ,, i have a pro duo that takes a micro sd 16gb will this work and how do i get it to work with games etc your help is much need ,model no.. 1004 if that helps

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If it is already on pro-B9 there has to be a memory stick pro duo inside the PSP. The pro firmwares aren't permanent, they load from the memory stick pro duo.
    The thing you have, is it a photofast addapter? I use one of these with two microsd cards, so I can confirm that they work, but if you switch with the memory stick pro duo inside your PSP you won't be on custom firmware anymore.

3. philmatt

philmatt Member

he took memory stick out when he gave it to me ,,,what do i need to do to get it to play games on cfw ,. do i need todo the battery mod thing or is there another way can't work it out

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You got three options. Either get a pandora battery/mms, or use non-permanent firmware alone or use non-permanent firmware to install permanent custom firmware.

5. philmatt

philmatt Member

where can i find guides to do that ..from 6.60 ofw or cfw ,i have a spare battery so i can make pandora from sony battery or doesn't it matter

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I wouldn't turn the original battery into a pandora one, especially not by hardmodding and softmodding is out of the picture because you need a PSP already on CFW for that.
    Just use both firmwares from here:
    http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/10/14/psp-lcfw-660-me-v16-released
    The LCFW is a non-permanent firmware, that can be started from official firmware.
    Use this tutorial here to install it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRA48V1IF98
    Then use the full CFW. There is a good readme that comes with it, four easy steps.

7. philmatt

philmatt Member

thank you very much for your advice it has worked a treat ,,thanks