1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gigiboy, May 1, 2005.

1. gigiboy

gigiboy Guest

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME BECAUSE I AM NEW AT THIS AND MAY SEEM SILLEY. I HAVE JUST DOWNLOADED SHRINK 3.2 AND I HAVE NERO 6.6. EVERY TIME I TRY TO START SHRINK WITH A DVD IN EITHER MY E OR F PORT, IT STATES THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THE PORT AND THEN HANGS UP MY COMPUTER. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO STOP MY COMPUTER FROM HANGING UP AND BE ABLE TO PROCEED.MAYBE ONE OF YOU WHO HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR AWILE CAN HELP ME.

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Hi!

Try to press the 'Caps Lock' first. :)

Can you see your DVDs in Windows Explorer?

3. bcnn

bcnn Member

I have had luck when that happens to leave the DVD in the burner and then restart the 'puter, it may see it at that time.

Bcnn

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

gigiboy, welcome to aD,

First, go into msconfig - startup - disable all - apply - OK, OK again to reboot.

You failed to tell us what you're using to rip the DVD ?

Judging by your lack of reading ability (failure to read our rules) you haven't considered reading a guide - May I suggest the guide in my sig ?

Reading is a requirement, knowledge and $$ are not needed -

Cheers,

Pete

5. gigiboy

gigiboy Guest

I WAN'T TO THANK CYNTHIA, BCNN AND SCUBA PETE FOR YOUR KINDNESS IN ANSWERING MY MESSAGE. YOUR ADVICE WORKED PETE. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, I AM USING DVDX COPY PLATINUM. THE REASON I WAS TRYING TO FIND ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO BURN IS BECAUSE I COULDNOT BURN EVERYTHING(SPANGLISH, BLADE TRINITY AND NATIONAL TREASURE.)I WAS IGNORANT OF THE FACT THAT YOU HAD A GUIDE. I WILL NOW DEVOUR IT AND SEE IF I CAN GET SOME GOOD COPIES. IF YOU HAVE SOME ADVICE AS TO OTHER WAYS TO BREAK ENCRYPTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MY GOAL IS TO BE ABLE TO GET GOOD DVD COPIES AND MONEY IS NO OBJECT. AGAIN THANK YOU ALL.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Please no caps allowed. DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD are the best programs for breaking encryption. Read the newbie thread in my sig it will give a lot of information.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yes, PLEASE, lose the "Caps".

You have been asked a couple of times now to kill the "Caps" - if you do not conply, you will be banned in very short order.

I suggest you heed my warning . . .

Thanks . . .

Glad the guide worked for you :)

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  8. TMO

TMO Guest

I am not all that new to DVD-Shrink, but then again its all relative. A little background first:

I have produced aprox. 100 back ups with Shrink and Decrypter and have nothing but good things to say about my success and most, but not all of the end products. I have had to loose disc integrity in order to keep quality. This is something that I have begun to dislike. From what I have been reading it sounds like Shrink won't be getting anymore new versions in the future. I have started to read up on DVD-Rebuilder and it sounds good to a "fresh meats'" ears, but I am skeptical. From the DVD-Rebuilder thread I am getting advice to download the installer program from http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/. But from what I can tell (not an expert at all) it seems like a lot of things to download. The last think I want is for my computer to start acting up and fall apart on me cause something I downloaded has a mess of addware or something else like that.

Bottom line: What are peoples feelings about the life of Shrink and does a program like Rebuilder really do a better job?

Thanks for anyone's help and if you read this Mr. Scuba, just know your guides and postings in the forum are very helpful and informative.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thanks TMO, always good to hear my guides are appriciated.

Rebuilder w/ CCE, or CCE sp (if you can afford it) takes longer than what you're used too BUT it does give better quality than most anything.

In order of quality -

1. ReBuilder w CCE
    2. InterVideo's DVDCopy3 a very fast and excellent encoder - When teamed with AnyDVD and CopyToDVD it gives you one of the fastest and highest of quality of programs anywhere.
    3. DVD2One is an outstanding encoder with a fantastic joining program. When teamed with AnyDVD and CopyToDVD is a combo, which will see you through anything.
    4. CloneDVD2 by elby is a very good proggy able to edit, encode and burn quickly, generally in less than 30 minutes. Teamed with AnyDVD it's much., "better than the average Bear, Booboo"."
    5. Now we get to Nero's Recode2 - it too does a better than average job and allows you to keep your menus.
    5. DVD Shrink, a favorite of many. Again, better than average especially when used with the "Deep Analysis" and the "Quality Enhancements".

As to my opinion of DVD Shrink . . .

I think it will be good for quite some time to come. Why ? Because of it's encoding controls and it's ability to adjust GOP groups to refine the finished product. Where will it fall behind ? In it's ability to rip newer encryptions BUT when used with DVDD OR AnyDVD it will stay well ahead of the pack.

I don't see Shrink as being out of the running for a long time.

As for DVD Rebuilder w/ CCE, here's an excellent guide -

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm

That's my 2-cents

Cheers,

Pete

10. TMO

TMO Guest

Thank You again....

I am going to give DVDRebuilder with one of the free encoders($issue) I am trying to set up the program now but running into some issues. My understanding is that HC encoder is pretty good. I am trying to set it up but I can not get any joy with making sure it is being used. Any Ideas? As of now under the Mode drop I have QuEnc checked. I have HC installed on cpu from when I downloaded the DVD-RB installer pack. Any help would be awesome Mr. Scuba. Thanks.

It feels like the learning curve with ripping/burning/encoding/decoding/recoding/flying/diving/.... is supper steep. almost overwhelming.

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

TMO,

Find answers to your questions here - read it all prior to asking questions.
    There are some things we have to learn to do by ourselves :)

I spent 9 months reading prior to asking and guess what, . . . I had very little to ask. This thread is an entire education on Rebuilder -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/88747

Enjoy,

Pete

Edited to include the thread I forgot to put in . . .

[/b]]

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  12. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member