1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to the forum

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DaleP80, Aug 24, 2004.

1. DaleP80

DaleP80 Member

Hello everyone. I have a v. 4 ps2 that until recently had a no solder modchip installed in it. My ps2 (even before the modchip was installed) had always had problems booting disks, and I found out that the lens was pretty messed up (though backups played mostly fine). Since my Swap Magic disc got scratched and is pretty useless, I decided to take out the chip and try and exchange it to EB, where they give $75 CDN for broken systems. But you can only get an in-store credit, which put toward a used ps2, would make it cost $100. I don't really think that deal is worth it.

I was wondering what some tips would be for buying a ps2 and returning my old one? My warranty sticker is gone. Any good stores to return the ps2 to (in Canada)?

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

damn your lucky. we only get 30 dollars for a broken ps2. any ways... you could probably sell it to a friend or relative or try selling it to a pawn shop.