1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the forums, new to everything... need help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rws3, Aug 22, 2004.

1. rws3

rws3 Member

Hi, i want to introduce myself as rws, plus, i need help finding the right dvd burner to use to burn/copy PS2 Games, anyone have any suggestions??
    thanks!

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i suggest you get a burner that can burn DVD-R media since that seems to work on more PS2s then DVD+R. you may also want to get a dual layer DVD burner because im sure the old single layer burners will be quickly outdated.

3. rws3

rws3 Member

How much approximately would that cost?

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

lt should cost about 50 to 80 for a standard +-dvd burner depending on where you buy it from. A Dual Layer burner will cost more and is not needed for PS2 backups.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

no point in getting a dual layer bunrner unless you want to spend $15 dollars on a single dvd+r, yor better off getting a single layer dvd burner.

My favorite is Pioneer 107D I haave had nothing but success with this burner. Just shopp around and find whats best for you.

6. Jerman

Jerman Member

Plextor make amazing drives as well, that's what I'm running and I love it.

7. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i heard that all ps3 games will b on dual layer... so unless u wanna buy a new burner when ps3 mods come out i would suggest you get a dual layer... thats just me tho. i think you would save more money that way. its the same price for a normal (single layer)dvd for a dual burner. its like 6 dollars per dvd for a dual layer dvd. i think thats better then spending 50 more for a new game when ps3 comes out. GTA:SA will also be on DVD9.

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I cant wait either for the PS3 (in about 2 years) but by that time new burner's will be supporting blue-ray's 25gb disc and riteks 100gb disc.

were did you see the double layer disc at/ at that price.
    If you know were you should post it since every one is trying to get them at a lower price than $12 or $15 a piece.

9. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i forgot about the blue-ray dvds. i guess it is kinda pointless to get a dual layer. i checked for media and the cheapest i could find was $10.00 at http://www.meritline.com/dl-dvd-r-dual-layer-ritek-ridata.html for a single ridata disc. thought i saw cheaper but cant remember where. its going to be so cool to play a whole 100 GB game. i bet the games will be more expensive though.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Thanks for that link for all who is searching, the price seems to be dropping quite abit. Last I looked it was between $12 and $15 (a week ago)