1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to the forums wit questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ndnbolla, Oct 16, 2004.

1. ndnbolla

ndnbolla Member

So I am new to the forums here at afterdawn, hello all.
    Anyways I have a couple questions to ask. I thought i would ask in one post instead of taking up a whole page.

1) If an original PS2 game is on a DVD format CD then is there anyway I can play it on a modded PS2 with just a regular CD-R/ CD-RW?... maybe it could be split or something. I only have a CD-RW drive and DVD drive but no DVD-RW drive which is why I am asking.

2)What is the best modchip out there that can do all the basic functions including being able to play any type of games? This would be the 1st modchip that I am going to buy (and hopefully the only one).

3)Does anyone know any sites that show any stores where modchips are sold? I live in the Boston area and I can only think of one place that I know of that sell/installs modchips. Its called Disc Angels if anyone has ever heard of it let me know. However I am unsure of what type of modchips they sell nor do I know how well they install them. Im not too comfortable buying anything online so dont bother trying to persuade me.

4)Is 80$ a good deal to buy and get a modchip installed? This is how much Disc Angels is goin to charge me and I dont feel like gettin ripped off anytime soon. I have no clue on how to solder so I am in no way going to even try it.

Any suggestions and help would be very appreciative. I hope to enjoy being at these forums.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

1) get a dvd burner... you wont regret it and they are only like 50 dollars now.

2) best chip out there is the matrix infinity or DMS3 plus

3) dunno

4) depends on what chip they are installing. ask them and get back to us.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004