1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the forums

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sigare, Mar 25, 2005.

1. sigare

sigare Member

Hello been checking here every once in a while and didnt know where to make my first post so thought i would just leave one where i check the most... As well as to say thank you for the wealth of information i have gotten from all your posts...

Kind of came across this whole backing up thing by accident and have hit some snags in the road... Long story short i bought an AR Evo MAX basicly for the thumb drive and started playing around... couldnt get SNES Station to work by cd or the thumb drive so made my own mod to my box like i slide card.... faulty thing is with the Evo Max disc the cd/dvd does not stop spinning.... Which i have found to not be too much of a hassel as long as my PS2 is standing up-right and i dont realse the cd/dvd too fast that it spins uncontrolably fast....

After making a working disc of snes station with a little over 650 games i was intreaged as to weather it would work with back ups.... So try and try as i might have wasted a good amount of dvds in the process... The PS2 i have was the first bundle system to come out i believe, and it came with GT3 so i dont have the modle number in front of me but think it is a first wave or second wave system... After reading some more on here tried to back up the first ssx which is cd based... Works flawlessly... Played for a couple of hours non-stop with my wife and no problems or hic ups... and interestingly load times were quicker then the original disc....

Now after my long rant and intro Is my older PS2 system to blame for my lack of playing Burnt dvd media... Have done a test with movies which my system dont play but my friend has a 5000 series which will play burnt dvd movies. have not tried with games as it is not my system to be frogging around with with slide cards and the such....

Thanx again for all the info you put out there and hopefully if i get a couple more older/used ps2's will put a mod chip in and be able to do this the right way....

Chris

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  2. SilvaHaze

SilvaHaze Member

please..use..paragraphs..brain..hurting..

3. sigare

sigare Member

Paragraphs... Will keep that in mind next time. thanx

4. SilvaHaze

SilvaHaze Member

thx, no offense its just hard as hell to read lol

5. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

well its not possible to play backups with ar max evo i believe and swapping while the ps2 is still reading/spinning is 1 way to fuk up ur ps2...since u have ar max and a thumbdrive/ usb pen i suggest going for the memorycard exploit , its easy and with cogswap u can load cd and dvd backups including snes station ( got that 1 too)