1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to the ps2 copying scene

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by alx, Oct 19, 2004.

1. alx

alx Member

i want to know what the best software is for copying ps2 games to a dvd or cd. I saw one the was called game cloner which seemed good but what do i know... also what is required to play these games? is it possible not use a "MODCHIP" if you can help please do so thanks alx

2. ev1l

ev1l Guest

alcohol is a good program or nero are the to best ever?. i am using alcohol because i can not creat any disc with nero for some reason on my desketop i guess cretin computers can not handle the same programs keep that in mind

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

you will need a mod of some kind alx , there are a few ays but the 'best' by far is a chip (as you're not restricted & will not have to patch anything that way)

the easiest & cheapest way to back up DVD-5 (single layer , 4.36Gb or under) PS2 game is to use DVD Decrypter in ISO read then ISO Write mode(s)

DVD Decrypter is free :)

4. alx

alx Member

okay then i have taken your advise and downloaded dvd decrypter now i have a few other questions 1st where should the distionation be set; i set it for c drive but i'm not sure? 2nd question can you explain how to operate this program i have an hp dvd-rom set as D: drive and dvd-rw drive set as E: drive. 3rd can i use cd-r or do you have to use dvd-r for game to copy. i did see the MODE tab where iso read and write are contained however not sure on the process thanks agin herbsman and ev1l for replying and to any one else that can help or just has the time.....alx