1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the psp world - please please help

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Majnoonp, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Majnoonp

Majnoonp Guest

HI, ive just joined afterdawn,and you seem to be the guru on psp's! i am looking to buy a psp.i want a white psp, but dont know what/which version to get . i am looking at one on ebay which says it is 1.5-3.4 OE-A. i have read your entire first page on the psp everything i need to know. from what i can gather i shoud try n get a jap version 1.5.but i do want to go on the internet. and to do this i need 2.1?so if i get a 3.4 is that not good? and if i buy a psp from the states can i still play games from the uk?but not watch the movies?if i buy a psp from hong kong on ebay will it be a good one?sorry for all of the questions.ive been trying to google n ask jeeves all week but i dont seem to be getting anywhere...please let me know what to do,and again,sorry. many many thanks

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

get 3.40 OE-A.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yes, with 3.40oe-a there are many more features for you to enjoy. Such as ISO games, homebrew, and xmb customization.

4. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

and the normal features which 3.40 has

5. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

my firmware is 3.30 OE-A, my medal of honor is european and my psp is NTSC so i would say go for it just be weary cause some of the dudes on ebay will try and screw you. honestly what i would advise is buying a new one and customizing it yourself that way you know you are getting a quality product.

6. Majnoonp

Majnoonp Guest

Hey guys ,thanks a lot. im getting a japanese gold version. with the 3.4 oe-a its from a reliable seller. he has helped me alot just as you lot have. ill keep you posted as to how the psp is and everything, anything else you need think i need to know, please let me know!!thanks

7. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

right on man. i hope it all works out and everything you would probably need to know could be found on these forums but if you cant find it just start a new thread and we will help you the best we can.