1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to This, thanks for the help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by HelloGuy, Dec 14, 2004.

1. HelloGuy

HelloGuy Member

Hey, i have decided to get a DVD burner so i can backup my ps2 games and dvd movies. What kind of features should i be looking for in this dvd burner? Also, will i need a mod-chip for my ps2 - cheapest one? What dvd tools will i need, i have dvd decrypter and nero burning rom. any links to step-by-step instructions would be great, any info is appreciated, thanks

2. HelloGuy

HelloGuy Member

well after reading up on here basically all i need is a dvd burner and dvd decrypter? ISO>READ - ISO/WRITE and i am done? seems too simple, whats the catch? i have also read about SWAP MAGIC PS2 BOOT DISC
    Enables playing of all backup CD & DVD games on the PS2. Requires a no solder modchip, flip top or slide card to function... where can i find a no solder modchip and a flip top or slide card and what the hell are they? hehe

3. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I would suggest a proper solder mod chip, theyre much easier to use. You basically fit them and forget them. The latest ones now will autoboot just about anything you put in it.

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

A modchip is the best way to go. If you have the money, buy a new ps2 that already has a modchip installed (known as a pre-modified console, or pre-mod for short). I bought one from www.xmodd.com and I recommend their service. This is what I would get if I were you. It's a DMS4 Pro modchip installed in the new slim ps2.

www.xmodd.com/dms4propremod.htm