1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to this.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by djeazyg, Oct 30, 2004.

1. djeazyg

djeazyg Member

I did a bit of searching on this forum and all this is a bit overwhelming. I decided to register after seeing the wealth of information on here without all the flaming. How is a new guy supposed to learn if you just call him names for asking a question?

I ordered a Flip Top Case (for my V1, 2, 3 PS2) and Swap Magic a Couple of days ago and I'm still waiting for it to show up. But while I wait I have a few questions.

First of all, am I going to regret this?
    Sounds like a lot to learn before I understand it all. I'm not stupid and I know how it works, just not sure how reliable it is.

Second, what is the best media to use?
    I see places where it said "DVD-R are the best" or "DVD+R is ok if you use a good quality Disk" or "burn at a certain speed" or "TDK is the best" or "Memorex is the best".
    I'm just looking for some straight answers before I jump in and waist a lot of money burning DVD Coasters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

You wont be disappointed by the Fliptop with swapmagic. For the price, it is the simplest and most foolproof mod.

I use Verbatim media, but many peeps use Ritek. Spend the money to get good DVD-R's, and you will save yourself frustration, wondering whether your coaster was from bad media or bad backup method. Use DVD-R. I think older PS2s do not read +R well.