1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to torrents, dont know how to view files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by theprose, Apr 1, 2007.

1. theprose

theprose Guest

hi, i am new to the world of torrents. i downloaded a video file and i am not able to view the file. after 24 hours it looks like the file downloaded, but i dont know what to do next? i used azureus to download it. i can see the file on my computer, but i have no idea how to view it? can anybody help me? thank you.

2. onya

onya Guest

Is this what you have....

[​IMG]

A bunch of winrar files?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  3. theprose

theprose Guest

hi and thanks for the reply. i dont even have that. when i open azureus i see the file in there, but i dont know what to do with it next. is there a way to view what i downloaded to actually watch it? i dont have the winrar or zip stuff you are talking about.

4. onya

onya Guest

Find the folder where the files have been downloaded to. To do this, look at the Options or Preferences in Azureus(or something similar, i use uTorrent)and check Downloads to see where the directory points to. Chances are if you didn't choose one, then it, did it for you. Find the folder with the files inside? What type are they?

5. theprose

theprose Guest

hi and thank you for the reply. this is what i have as an extension after the file name.
    "TS.XViD-SaGa" so i am so confused. it is in a folder though? when i double click on the folder, it has another folder that is title sample. and then a whold bunch of files that have saga-bsnx.r00 and the numbers get higher in numerical order? is there a way i can just download utorrent and then try to do it using the program that you use? is there a file you can recommend i download and from where to download it so ican try it?

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ theprose

You have winrar installed?

Double click the first of the block of files saga-bsnx.r00
    They will unpack and give you a large file (probably a .avi)
    You can watch that in just about any movie player, or make into a dvd with an application like convertXtodvd http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/
    Free programs like this are available.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  7. mightyed8

mightyed8 Member

The .r00 are the RAR files. You need the program onya said in an earlier post. Its WinRAR and it will open all of those files so that you can extract the video out

8. onya

onya Guest

Hey to Janrocks and mightyed8, you guys are like greased lightning with the replys....LOL. Thanks for the input.

As I mentioned earlier, you will need winrar. It isn't free but there is a trial version. Then follow the good advise Janrocks and mightyed8 have suggested.......all the hard work has been done for me....LOL

9. theprose

theprose Guest

im trying to download it now... any suggestions on what site to get winrar from?

10. onya

onya Guest

See how the word winrar is blue? click on it. Download the "latest stable version", follow the prompts and all should be well.

11. theprose

theprose Guest

ok, i got winrar downloaded.... i tried to open it and it said the file already exists? im sorry i am so green to this torrent stuff. it we were talking about dvdshrink or decrypter, i wouldnt sound like such a novice. but i got azureus, winrar both installed on my computer... whats next? lol.

12. onya

onya Guest

Did you follow Janrocks directions? What you need to do is click on the first "block" (00) then choose EXTRACT TO with rar, to a named folder on your hdd. It may be easier to create a new folder yourself, and name it accordingly. Now you know where to EXTRACT TO. The jobs done....all the other "blocks" automatically unpack. Open the Avi file(s) with your media player and enjoy.

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

thank you Onya....... theprose sent me a private message to help him..... I see you beat me to the punch! LOL good job! thanks.... now I'm free for the rest of Sunday! hahahahaha

14. theprose

theprose Guest

i got it to play, finally. thank you all for your help. but i still feel like a novice. what is a nat problem. i tried downloading another file and it always has a yellow face and it says i may have a nat problem? any suggestion for me? and another thing. the file that i just viewed in my media player, can i burn that to dvd? and i am using azureus to download my torrents.

15. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi.. for your nat error you should read this http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/PortForwarding
    It has lots of useful information. You will need to play with windows firewall settings (allow exception) and choose a nice high numbered port (49xxx to 65535 somewhere in that range) Then set the same port in azureus. There is a test tool in >tools.

To make a dvd from the downloaded files see the link I gave earlier for a dvd authoring tool.