1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to wii modding, any tips?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ch0rx, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ch0rx

ch0rx Member

Hi! I am new to the Wii scene, bought my Wiikey today. I was just a little curious... what stealth patches, and brick patches should I know about? I heard something about Wii brick blocker. What is that, and where is it available? I also heard about certain games screwing your system up? Also, I have never installed a modchip, any tips on that? I have always gone the way of softmodding... (DC, Xbox, and 360). Well, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

The Wii brick blocker will patch the .iso of games so that if it's a different region from the Wii and it asks for an update, the patch will take it out.

The infamous Super Paper Mario incident was what caused all PAL users to brick their Wiis. The game was NTSC and upon updating their PAL Wiis, it bricked.

I never installed a chip before the Wiikey. I just used this guide- http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/54830-wiikey-short-wire-install-guide.html
    But I didn't cut the wires THAT short lol.

Good luck!

3. ch0rx

ch0rx Member

Wow man that is a very helpful guide! thanks so much.