1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to xbox back up, so some questions!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bee_cup, Mar 22, 2007.

1. bee_cup

bee_cup Member

HEy yall, im new to xbox modding and i have some wuick questions. So in order to play back up games i just need to flash my xbox to the correct firmware? Do i use anyhting by flashing my xbox? Do the back up games work online, and also Can I some how instead of puting the games on dvds, but on an external hard drive? much thanx to whoever replys.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yes you need to flash the drive, it depends on the drive you have, but they can all be flashed for a reasonable price, and nope they have to be burned...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Just buy a flashing kit from Xecuter or Xeno. That will be your best bet for flashing the drive. If you do not know if you have SATA ports in your PC then get the kit with the USB adapter.

Also if you plan on backing up original games then go to Ebay and buy a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive flashed with Kreon firmware for your PC, and download Xbox Backup Creator and IMGburn V2.1

Knowing what drive you have in the 360 will help you. That way you know if your back ups need to be stealth or not.
    (Samsung=no and Hitachi=yes)
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/4039-xbox-360-quick-links.html
    the picture in that thread will tell you which you have just by looking at the tray of the DVD drive.

4. bee_cup

bee_cup Member

What do you mean by stealth mode? is it when you can get caught my microsoft and they ban you on xbox live? And is flashin your xbox 360 hard?