1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New user... Question about Roms

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by ecosse, Jun 20, 2007.

1. ecosse

ecosse Member

Hi guys. I just bought a new DS Lite and this is the first time I'm treading over to the Nintendo side (Huge Sony fan). Anyway, I have a question... Is it possible for me to like download and play games on the DS Lite? Where does it store the games? And how do I do it? Thanks. I know I can do it very easily on my PSP by customising the firmware and then just downloading the ISOs. Thanks guys.

2. iRawr

iRawr Member

You have to get a card in which you can drag and drop files into such as an M3 or an R4. I have an R4, and it's cake to add the roms and homebrews and whatnot. No need to install a single program. Just drag and drop as I said. I don't know much about the M3, but I hear it's pretty much the same thing.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

As iRawr said, you need to buy a card, there is quite a selection available, with varying prices depending on features etc.

I currently own:
    M3 DS Simply
    M3 CF Perfect
    EZFlash V
    EZFlash 3-1
    2x GBAMPv2 CF
    Broken G6 Lite

I used to own a couple of Supercards, but they're crap so I got rid of them.

The best I've used by far is the M3 DS Simply (aka R4) it is also one of the cheapest available.

Most cards use some form of removable memory, usually microSD.

I have two guides on this site, one for the M3 Perfect range, another for the M3 DS Simply. links in sig.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  4. ecosse

ecosse Member

Hi guys. Thanks for your help and I ordered the M3 DS Simply, if that's ok? I wanted to know, where can I download theses roms from? Is there any decent site? Like the PSP has www.pspiso.com, what is there for the DS? Thanks a lot.

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

6. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

ds.rom-news.org
    frozen-roms.net
    1rom.net
    dgemu.com

Cheers.