1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New user tips

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lambda1, Dec 25, 2004.

1. lambda1

lambda1 Guest

My comp specs:
    Intel® Celeron® D Processor 320 (2.40GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache)
    XP Home Edition
    512 MB ram

I recently installed an I/O Magic IDVD16DD Double Layer DVD±RW Internal Drive.

I am new to all this. I am burning with Roxio 6 even though I have Nero. My backup time with shrink is about 1 hour 30 minutes. My burn time is about 45 minutes. Can someone please post some tips on how I can speed up the process. There must be a quicker way.
    thank you

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I just posted this in another place, but if you use DVD Decrypter or just copy the DVD to your hard drive, the analysis and encoding is much faster. It seems that the higher the compression, the longer the process, re-authoring and leaving out all the extras and saving only the main movie will save some time.

3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

About Roxio, read this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122719
    The DVD Shrink times migth be a little long. It takes me 50 min on a long movie to just do the main title. I have a P4 3.2GHz.

What speed did you select to burn @.
    Check your device manager for the IDE channel w/dvd drives. Likely to be the secondary, right click the IDE and select properties. On the advance settings tab see if the transfer mode is DMA and the current trans mode is Ultra DMA Mode 2.

4. lambda1

lambda1 Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I will try these tips out an let you all know my results.