1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Version of Nero 5.5.9.0

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by HomerJ, Jul 5, 2002.

1. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

A new version of Nero was released on 3rd July, it has several DVD burning fixes (relating to ISO burning)

Fixed bug, that caused Nero to treat empty directories as files, if they were cut and pasted in an ISO compilation

When creating a DVD-Video compilation using the Nero-Wizard, ISO filesystem was generated instead of ISO/UDF which causes DVD-Video disks not to play on stand alone DVD players.

Happy burning

HomerJ

2. duronlib

duronlib Guest

Thanks Homer J, I also bring a good news for everybody of you, that yesterday I found a site, interesting, you can download the latest version of Nero "Nero Burning ROM 5.5.9.0 & SVCD_Plugin & Mp3Pro_Plugin" from the Free Download Area of www.j2um467m1p78a5.com

If you really wanna download it, you can find the correct site: Remove all arabic numerals from "www.j2um467m1p78a5.com", you will find :)

3. Snowface

Snowface Member

Thanks HomerJ, but tell me...do you have any DVD-r burning experience with Nero?
    I'm asking this, because I tried to burn several DVD-R's with Nero and they don't play in my stand-alone (so they're dvd-roms now ;-), but when I burn the exact same files with Prassi PrimoDVD, they play just fine, so I know it's not the movie.
    And I've tried many manuals like doom9, digital-digest, etc., but still no luck.

Please help.

Thanks

4. joshua

joshua Member

I have had great success with nero
    I use the guide found on mpucoders site, think it is derrow's guide
    Just went through the steps and have had no probs
    I use nero 5.5.8.0 (I think, trying to remember from memory)

5. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Snowface,

Before I upgraded to 5.5.9.0 I did have problems with Nero (I used 5.5.8.2). I was not able to burn *.iso files, other other types (although since I've found out it could have been me).

Since upgrading to 5.5.9.0 I have burnt "normal" DVD files *.VOB *.BUP *.IFO no problems, I can also burn *.iso files and even copy "On the fly" disc to disc (I have a DVD-ROM as well).

From what I have read Joshua was lucky to keep to 5.5.8.0, I have heard that that version was Ok for burning as well.

As far as I'm concerned, Nero now does what it's supposed to do !! Burn DVDs.

By the way, I haven't checked out CD burning yet, that should be OK. Shouldn't it ??????

Happy Burning

HomerJ

6. Snowface

Snowface Member

Thanks everybody for responding so fast.
    But I knew about Derrow's guide. (It's this one right http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/nero.html)
    Apparently it seems to be working for you guys, but not for me.
    So until I find a better guide (or re-install my computer), I'm gonna stick with Prassi.

But do you guys have any ideas what could have gone wrong? I followed every step of Derrow's guide.

Snowface