1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new vista computer bittorrent not working help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wisogee, Apr 10, 2007.

1. wisogee

wisogee Member

i just bought a new computer running vista and i trie to use bittorrent and limewire but everytime i turn them on my internet stops working and it seems like they dont connect help me please

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Sorry but pretty common post, look around AD and the web and you'll see numerous similar copmplaints with Vista. Here's just one quote from a post that mirrors yours: "I recently got a new computer with vista on it..HUGE mistake..this OS is horrid. It is built to block any and all P2P sharing programs. Its built to block any compatible programs and hardware to be honest. Its a money maker..You will have to buy all new "Microsoft" programs and hardware in order for things to run smoothly. And even then you will still have the typical microsoft crashes with Vista. But back to P2P programs...If thats what you want..get rid of Vista and go back to XP."

3. wisogee

wisogee Member

4. wisogee

wisogee Member

is this the same for newsgroups

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I believe I did read something about Newsgroups working with NewsLeecher and Vista but I can't swear to it. Someone else may know for sure.