1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Wii User, Advice Appreciated

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Bildo, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Bildo

Bildo Member

Hi guys,
    I've read round a lot of threads on here, I basically just want a run down of what the current situation is with the modchips.

I've been led to think the WiiKey is the best choice for your average user, (Just want to play my backups, not interested in the fancy stuff!) However, I have read a few threads of them not working on recent games.

I'd like to know if this is a big issue, if so I'll hold out on buying one and wait for something better to come along unless someone can recommend an alternative if the WiiKey isn't worth getting now?

Sorry for another useless thread, I genuinely searched the first 4 pages and got a lot of mixed vibes.

Thanks in advance!

2. Scruffy29

Scruffy29 Regular member

WiiP V2 -- Im getting red of my Cyclowiz for it and I have not even had a single problem with my cyclowiz ...

3. Bildo

Bildo Member

Thanks for the response.

Can I ask why you've decided to go with this one, and why you're moving from a perfectly working modchip? And why the WiiP not the WiiKey?

I've only ever had swap magic on my PS2 and flashed my 360, never bothered going this far before, so I'm a little lost.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. Scruffy29

Scruffy29 Regular member

The WiiP was made by the xecutor they lead in every single modchip system out their (not sure about PS2 but I know for sure on XBox) Go good it or something

WiiP V2

5. densaun

densaun Member

I have preference for WiiKey. It's relatively easy to install, it works, and if something ever does go wrong, the community is huge, so I have best faith in a solution for the issue.

The WiiKey is very much still "worth getting"