1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by gamezboy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gamezboy

gamezboy Guest

Sorry i'm a newbie here. I just wanna ask if I buy a Wii now, what mob chip should i buy? And is it only the LG-8164b DVD drive working for burning games or u can use anything?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Well I'm hearing that people are getting the Wii's that have the D2C chipset, but I don't really think that those have hit the market yet. If you get a Wii now, you probably won't get the D2C chipset, but you could! That is the one with the 30 wire installation! The LG-8164b is the drive that I have, and it works great for reading Wii games! I use a Pioneer 111D to burn my Wii and 360 games!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

no gamezboy, you can use any burner for burning games. You have to use a specific drive for reading the wii games not BURNING.

4. culius

culius Regular member

LG-8164b DVD Rom , so it can not write ,if you need write then you can used any DVD-RW out there (refer the NEC -3550) it is a good one .

5. gamezboy

gamezboy Guest

ok thanks a lot. Now i understand about the drive, thought it was for burning heheheh. Anywayz according to you DavGerm4, i should wait when the DC chipset comes out? I dont think i can install the Wii with 30 wire, thats too much hehe.

6. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

No I am not saying to wait for the D2C chipset! That is the one that does the 30 wire install! You want to get a D2B or D2A chipset! Those are the ones that use the Quick Solder Method, or a 5 wire install!

So you know: The D2C Chipset requires the 30 wire installation!

7. culius

culius Regular member

hey Gamezboy go to Ebay if you want the all ver. chipset D2B or D2A but you have to pay a bit extra , last week i saw some people sale on Ebay OK ! if you not want to solder 30 wire.

8. gamezboy

gamezboy Guest

Thank you so much! When did the D2C chip come out? Ok one more question :D Is the soldering on D2A and D2B hard to do? I know i'm not a good soldering hehe.

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Well, you can do the Quick Solder method (which can be hard) or you can do a wire install, which isn't that bad at all! I mean the points are small, so you have to have a Steady Hand, and a good eye!

10. culius

culius Regular member

11. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You mean the D2B and D2A! The D2C cannot have the Wiikey installed on it (as of yet...)!

12. coolzaidi

coolzaidi Member

Actually the D2C has been in the market for about 3 months. If you buy a Wii now there a HIGH probability that it will be D2C.

13. deed02392

deed02392 Member

Fortunately, you are wrong! There is a new chip in town called D2CKey.

Wii-Modchips has a information on it.

14. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Okay, there is a chip for the D2C called D2Ckey, but it is nothing compared to the Wiikey! Have you even looked at those? Because the Wiikey has the quick solder method, and the D2Ckey has a 30 wire installation!

15. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

UNfortunately, you are wrong! He said that "The D2C cannot have the Wiikey installed on it" and he is right! you cannot install the Wiikey on the D2C! You oughtta read the post before commenting!

16. deed02392

deed02392 Member

lol! Well i'm not complaining, the more oppourtunities there are to chip a wii the better ;)

17. culius

culius Regular member

thank's for corrected my post DavGerm4, that what in mean on the post D2b and D2a not D2c can not installed with wiikey ha..ha...

18. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

There is however something going around now, that a Modding Team has found a "5 Wire" install for the D2C chipsets! They've only released code for hackers to look at, so no pictures at the moment! Also, there is a Solderless Adapter that is in Production that supposedly works with the Wii and with the modchips.

19. gamezboy

gamezboy Guest

finally i got a wii with D2A chip but now i'm scared to mod it cuz i love it too much hehehe. Anywayz does anyone in here have a suggestion about Wii charge station? I'm looking to buy that for my wiimote cuz i dont want to keep buying batteries u know

20. black_max

black_max Member

if you mean the Wslip, then it doesn't work for D2Ckey, atleast that was what i read