1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New xbox 360 elite. need some help.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by matt803, Oct 6, 2007.

1. matt803

matt803 Member

Hey im new to all of this and i have been looking around online to try and find some info on how to mod my xbox 360 elite and have need seen anything about the elite. I have seen some pics of cd roms and they look nothing like the one i have. it was made in 08-04-2007 so maybe it is to new and there is nothing out there yet? also i have asked a few people and some have told me you have to put a mod chip and others have told me all you have to do is connect a usb to your xbox and your computer and there is a program to do this. I would like to backup all of my games and i really dont want to blow up my xbox so im looking for the easiest way posible to get this done:) any help would be great.

Thanks
    Matt

If you need anymore info just let me know.

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Well you either have a hitachi v79 or the benq drive. You probably have the benq. For the v79's you have to buy a peice of hardware and solder it to the dvd pcb to flash it. For the benq it is flashable but their hasnt been a firmware release yet but expected to be shortly.

3. matt803

matt803 Member

cool thanks for the info. do you have any links to the best sites to watch for the info or should i just watch this site?

4. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

www.360mods.net would be a good place to start.