1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Xbox 360 ???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andersg, Feb 24, 2007.

1. andersg

andersg Regular member

I'm confused. I have been hearing talk about some type of new xbox 360. Are they coming out with some type of new update to it? If so, I think I may hold of on buying one so that I don't get left out when these do happen.
    I may be totally wrong about this, I just wanted to know if it was true or not.

Thanks In Advanced.

2. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well I have seen pictures from Xbox-Scene showing an extra port on the back of an Xbox 360. It's supposed talk of some type of hardware that plugs into it. I don't know if it relates to the supposed larger harddrive (possible 100 GB).

3. andersg

andersg Regular member

Im assuming that if they put in a larger hard drive there will be a huge price jump.

4. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

You never know. I just searched BestBuy.com for harddrives and they have a 150GB Western Digital harddrive for $239.99 and they have a 500GB SATA harddrive for $209.99, both were internal. So I mean it really depends what they use.

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I heard the extra port was for a direct HDMI cable, that will go from there, direct to ur hd tv, but Im not sure.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if they havent made an announcement about releasing them yet, its not going to happen very soon, and they are going to offer the bigger HDD separate for us who have them. Once they say they are going to do it, it will take a few months for them to be available, and i think they will go to the UK first then come to america, so i wouldnt wait too long, i would just get the ones that are out now

7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

they new updated xbox 360 won't be coming out soon. They'll just add harder hdd. no hdmi. no build in hd-dvd.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

whatever you said i cant understand it, and wtf is a harder HDD? you mean bigger?

9. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Ok, cool, well they wouldnt add an internal hd-dvd drive because that would mean that all the people that already have a 360 got screwed, thats y they made an external drive, so that everyone could have access to the drive, and another thing about the new 360 is that the core cpu is having a bit of re-framing, they are making a cpu that runs cooler than the current one, I read this on a site, not sure if its true or not, but thats another thing, which means the system will generate less heat, resulting in less noise, because the fan wont have to run as fast as it currently does. Not sure if this info is valid though.

10. andersg

andersg Regular member

How long before these new ones a release then?

11. jeray

jeray Regular member

its just rumors.as of now.i also heard it maybe black.to the original poster, you never win,no matter what tech piece you buy it seems like they have something new,smaller and cooler come out right afterwards.

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yeah, the same thing happened with my iPod Nano. I ended up getting the new iPod Video soon after. Having a black Xbox 360 would be neat though. If it is still rumours I don't think I'll let it bother me too much 'cause nothin will happen for a while. I was thinkin' about getting one once I get a job this summer lol.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  13. jeray

jeray Regular member

yeah the nano got me to.you could always just buy a black case.hdmi would be cool just to get rid of some wires.bigger hard drive would only be useful if you download off live.running cooler would be the big plus.if you plan on changing the firmware, the new ones maybe alot different in that respect.

14. andersg

andersg Regular member

I dunno if I am gunna try to do anything that requires any kind of risk this time lol. If I get one it'll be my second one because I had almost broke my old one trying to flash the firmware and then less then a week later I had a hardware failure which I still don't know if it was because of my opening and closing the case a few times. I think I will stick to legit gaming this time lol. Where would I get a black case? Would I have to use a credit card and buy one from some site online or do they sell those types of things in-store? The main reason I was asking is the fact about it running quieter and cooler so that I don't hgave to worry about another hardware failure. I don't even have the slightest clue what HDMI cables are lol and I am not gunna go out and spend another $200 on a HD DVD Drive if I can just watch regular movies plus, I don;t have an HDTV to watch them on.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  15. AXT

AXT Guest

The new update, as far as i know is supposed to have a 65nm processor instead of the current 90nm one. If this is the case, it will allow for more power efficient, cooler console. They might even reduces the size of the console as a result. It is also supposed to have a larger HDD, and MAYBE, MAYBE a built in HD-DVD Drive.

16. andersg

andersg Regular member

The larger HD is pretty much useless to me, I don't download that much off XBLM. No HDTV to enjoy the HD DVD player with. The olny thing I'd like is the cooler running, possibly smaller system.

By the way, whats HMDI anyways?

17. jeray

jeray Regular member

hdmi is a fancy cable for hdtv.suppose to be the best,carries audio and video.if you put on a case you may break you're warranty.its just a sticker thats easy to put back on though. try this site http://www.decalgirl.com/

i just ordered a green case.they have skins to if you don't want a case.they got some cool stuff and i usually go with paypal.

18. andersg

andersg Regular member

I hate how my family has no access to any credti cards. My mom recently cancelled them so even if I begged I couldnt get ahold of anything from online stores.

19. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well I suggest you go to a convience store. Look for the rack, usually near the registers, and look for the prepaid credit cards. Make sure the credit card type (Visa, MasterCard, or Discovery) is compatible with either the website or Paypal (however they charge you) and order it that way. Don't forget the card needs enough money to pay for shipping. Also at the mall near me, you can buy Visa giftcards for up to like $1000. That should work also because I believe Visas work for Paypal.

But also say they didn't create an external HD-DVD player. Then they started putting internal ones into the newer Xbox 360s. They would then have to make an external one for people to buy. But they might have just put out the externals first, you never know.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007