1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new xbox hard drives

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by smb2004, Dec 29, 2004.

1. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you must use the g drive as the rest.

2. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

when i go into the program that rips the discs to the hd, it only lists the E & F drive (which the F drive has 95% of the capacity). how do i make the G drive active?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. paystey

paystey Member

ok ive just joined here ive been reading this thread and it helped alot because im going to fit a new one too but can you just copy all drive files from my current xbox HDD and then creat the neccesary partitions on the new one then copy them all back again

if anything is wrong in my info please help

4. brnhrnt

brnhrnt Member

whas up! i have a evox boot up disc and when it loads it lets me format the drives. then it says flash bios manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00 "flash not writeable". I have an xbit modchip and i just downloaded the slayer autoinstaller will that help or can i do it without?

5. brnhrnt

brnhrnt Member

i did it. but how do i get my avalaunch dashboard back. I have ftp my C&E drives back to my xbox but my xbox still loads up evox. then when i select launch avalaunch i get the red circle on my xbox but avalaunch still works. I just want to have avalaunch boot up without the red circle. can anyone help?

6. overburn

overburn Member

hi,
    im totaly new to xbox moding, normaly i stick to my pc or ps2 :) but ive recently came into a moded xbox im not sure what chip it has. all i know is that it has a Evolution X dashboard. I want to upgrade my xbox's harddrive... can i just use a normal computer harddrive? i have planety of them :) and if so what would i do next and how would i begin to sort it out wit the formattin or making it into a xbox hd?

ps. sorry for long message :)

7. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

it is all right here http://lotsofstuff.xoopiter.com/xbox/bighd.tes
    all the files and things you will have to do if you have any trouble pm me. Yes any hard drive will work as long as it supports locking were most do but if you have a modchip you dont need to.(Get a bigger hard drive then 60gb if you can trust me you use it in a few games)

8. ja-Q

ja-Q Member

Can a Xbox drive be locked and unlocked in windows without the password....please help!!!

9. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

NO it cant u can use xbhdm with the eeprom though. y do u need to lock a hdd. if you need help im on aim at
    surferbro0531

10. ja-Q

ja-Q Member

So what I did was this.....

Before doing any backups I took out the retail drive and replaced with a new Maxtor Daimond Max 9 120 gig, but the drive is unlocked so I get the error massage when powering up the xbox....I can't reinstall the retail drive because this is unlocked now aswell.. Is there anything I can do......?

Please help...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  11. ja-Q

ja-Q Member

I realy dont know what else to do....

My xbox is not mod chipped... I have tried everything... What options do I have...?

12. ja-Q

ja-Q Member

OK....Ive gone out and bought a new xbox....can someone help me to softmod it and to get a new hard drive installed......

PLease...

13. ja-Q

ja-Q Member

Is there no way to lock the drive witout the xbox pass code......?

14. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you need evox or the eeprom with xbhdm thats it for now. if you need help softmodding im me on aim at
    surferbro0531

15. awalls

awalls Guest

My xbox factory hd crashed out, completely dead/useless, and I want to replace the crashed drive with a 200gb seagate but have no backup of the bios.bin, disk.bin, eeprom.bin, hddinfo.txt, hddkey.bin files to be included in the HD install disc. I have chipped my box with a X-chip and was running avalaunch and evolotionx dashboards with the factory hd no worries before the drive crashed. And yes I know I should have backed-up, next time!!!

I made a install disc following the seamonkey guide from afterdawn but after booting and running the formatting option it doesn't recognise/format F: and G: partition (no real surprise I guess without the files to add to the install disc!). I think it just recognises it has a standard drive 8gb. It does allow me to install dashboards etc but it would be good to access the other 190gb of space :). Is there anyway I can do this without a backup of the original C: and E: ?

cheers

16. WDragon

WDragon Guest

I want to fix my Xbox but i think i need a new Hard drive. I am getting a error message That my disc could be dirty or damaged. Does it sound like my hard drive.

17. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

I am not sure abou this but....
    I have a friend that has an executer "something" modchip wich has a program that will format the drive and change some stuff. But here is my question. Could i put my new hard drive in his box and then return it to my xbox (with a softmod and Evox)will it show up as modded or atleast have the default xbox info? I was also wondering if since it is hard mod versus softmod will it work? Just wondering any help would be good. This way would just be way easier since some of the tutorials that i have seen require burning this copying this moving this and so on. Let me know!

18. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

Sorry to double post but i have figured it out since no one has replied. The hdd actually has to get some code from the motherboard wich the chip gets it for it. however each mother board has a different code and would need to be done with the motherboard it is going to stay in. the numbers have something to do with the eeprom.bin. This is what i know so if you come across this and still need help created a new post or check out some newer posts! THanks.

19. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi, ok i got a auto installer disk with all the dashboards and applications and everything. now i don't want to hurt my xbox's original hard drive. i want to take it out and put in another hard drive. what should i do. should i hook up the new hard drive to my computer and install from there or hook it up to the xbox and insert the auto installer disk there? or do i have to copy everything from the original xbox hard drive to the nex hard drive first? if so, can i just pull out the xbox hard drive ,hook it up to my computer and copy everything to my c drive, then replace the xbox hard drive with the new one and copy all the files i copyed to c back to the new hard drive. have i got a grip on the situation or not?

20. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

forgot to say, but , this is all going to be a soft mod.