1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new xbox harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by cmoore, Jan 30, 2005.

1. cmoore

cmoore Member

I'm going to buy a new 160gb internal harddrive for my xbox, and an xenium ice modchip.
    what i was wondering, is if there is any important information on the old xbox hd that i would need to move to the new one, and if so how do i go about doing this?
    also, are there any programs that i would need to download to the new harddrive, in order to load xbox games to the harddrive so that i can play them without a disc. and if so how do i go about doing this?

Thankyou for any tips or suggestions that you can give me. please bare with me, i'm a noob at this.

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You probably want to transfer your gamesaves, and any ripped music files. Once you have Xenium installed. Boot from Slayer disc and network connect to your PC. FTP your existing hdd content to your PC before your swap out the hdd.

3. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

Transfer your whole c & e files.

4. cmoore

cmoore Member

thankyou very much sjchu and twinski. that helped clarify some things for me.

5. cmoore

cmoore Member

whats a slayer disc, and where might i find one?

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Slayer's AutoInstaller is a installation disc with EvolutionX dashboard and other software in it. This disc will allow you to format a brand new hdd and install many useful software into your hdd. check out http://www.eurasia.nu and sign in to the download area.

7. cmoore

cmoore Member

thanks. but after i download the file, then what do i do?

8. mdsup

mdsup Guest

burn the image onto a cdrw

9. rastasker

rastasker Guest

10. rastasker

rastasker Guest

i registered there to download the auto installer.................... i cant find it?

11. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you probably have to be a vip member...no need to pay just for an autoinstaller

12. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Yeah right, $5/year. Who needs that? xbox-scene would make a fortune if it starts collecting memeber fee.

13. cmoore

cmoore Member

i was wondering if i had to install a bios on an x-ice, or if it already had one. if i do, what bios?

14. mdsup

mdsup Guest

your chip came with the legal bios already flashed onto it...you will need to flash your chip with a hacked bios to get everything up and running...the bios depends on what version xbox you have

15. krowddiy

krowddiy Guest

Hey fellas I'm also a newbie and I was wondering....
    I have a buddy who just purchased a new X-box and had it modded,my question is can u buy them pre-modded?I heard once that you can buy them @ e-bay.Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks

16. mdsup

mdsup Guest

to krowddiy:
    yes you can buy xbox's premodded...most shops will only sell you the xbox with the legal cromwall bios...so that means you will have to flash the chip wtih a hacked bios, and install the dashboard yourself, but it isn't too hard....ebay doesn't allow people to sell modded xbox's(with chips installed)...every once in a while someone gets away with it...but for the most part you will not find a modded xbox on ebay.

17. paystey

paystey Member

In the X: Y: and Z: drives on the xbox what are they and does SlaYers install them automatic or will i have to put them on