1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chonki, Mar 29, 2005.

1. chonki

chonki Member

Ok, so im thinking of selling my ps2 and getting an xbox, but if i do i would like to get a hard drive maybe and play games freom it, and was wondering if you gous could tell me what would be needed for that and what would be the best products.
    Alternativley i could just do normal backuping and if so what mod chip?
    Thanx for any info
    BTW-I dont really know how to sauter and when i tried putting a modchip in my ps2 it didnt work out because i couldnt even find where it went (lol) thnx again

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Well first off,the ps2 has some crazy small solder points.....the xbox does not. So right there it's alot easier for ya if you want to attempt the soldering job. If not,get someone that knows how to do it. (I'm just saying this cause I don't like solderless chips) Also all you would need to backup your games is dvd2xbox,and a larger hard drive. Which once you mod your box...you just have to format and install the dash and apps to it and you're on your way. Anything else can be answered either by someone else here or at xbox-scene.com.

3. chonki

chonki Member

hmmm sounds good thnx. btw does anyone know what could be wrong with my ps2 it has beed scratching games for no reason, just in case i decide to keep it, plus ill ask in the ps2 chat room
    thnx again ; )