1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWB ALERT

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by crater, Nov 9, 2004.

1. crater

crater Member

Ok. i just got a DVD burner.. and my question is.. Ok i got some TDK DVD+R's +R's. I want to make burn some backups.. and such.. plus i wanted to burn the HD LOADER or Advance i forget exactly which one it was that i got from a torrent. Ok.. here goes the main question.. i have never burned a ps2 game.. what is everything i need.. im sorry if this is asked alot.. but i tryed to search and it brought up just too many things to look through.

My ps2 is not modded.. but i have gameshar 2 v2. I have slide card.. I did this all for ps1 game on my ps2 a while ago. I have alcohol 120%.

What else do i need and such to burn games.. and Images(ISO, BIN/CUE) and will it work with my slide card and gameshar 2 v2. And will it work on the DVD +R's. I dont remember anyone saying which type of burn to use.. but i know my brother has burnt me backups of movie's on +R's that played fine in my ps2. Please help me out.. im limited on cash so i dont want to wast DVDr's

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the easiest way to boot dvd based backups with what you have is to make a cogswap exploit disc (cd-r), then use the GS2 to boot that, as booting cd-r's with GS2 is easier than booting dvd's, once that is installed on your memcard you will just need to use a psx disc to trigger the exploit, and a hight oc disk to refresh the TOC to boot dvd's, check out the links in my sig' they are sites that cater specifically for the exploits

3. crater

crater Member

Thank you i will definatly check these out. Any other suggesitons still welcome.

4. crater

crater Member

OK, Next question.. that page.. helpful. i see the cogswap thing, and i downloaded it.. now.. how do i burn the .elf.. i've never seen a .elf before.

5. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

if you look through the articles on the site you will find instructions on making and using the exploit