1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb Help Thanks

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mikenguye, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mikenguye

mikenguye Member

Hey everyone, I’m generally not a newb in this community, but I did a good amount of research and now I’m a bit lost because of so many version out there. Well first let me start, I just purchased a PSP, and now I am eager to mod it, Can anyone be able to give me a few websites, or links to get me started. I would really appreciate it. I believe I need to downgrade the firmware then upgrade it, So please can anyone start with link or any helpful info. Thanks

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Okay, which firmware are you on at the moment?

3. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

You can get everything you need from searching on this forum.

I use

PSPhacks.com for my downloads because I don't trust anywhere else really.

What you need to do is find out your firmware version and how to downgrade it (if you're on 3.51/52 you're screwed for now). Else you can use Lumines, GTA Liberty city stories (for 2.1 and 2.0 (I think)) or just a general downgrader if you've a lower firmware. Though I doubt that you have anything quite low because you've just purchased it, you could have lucked out, so as the fellow above asked.. "what's your firmware version?" (Check it by going all left in the XMB (menu) to settings and scrolling down to firmware version)

4. mikenguye

mikenguye Member

my version right now is 3.40 and thank you for all ur help

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@mikenguye

You are going to need a copy of Lumines to downgrade your PSP. Your best bet to get a "unpatched" copy is eBay.

6. dcity

dcity Member

An unpatched copy of lumines will have an update to firmware 1.50. But if it is patched, then you will not be able to downgrade with it because it will require you to update to fw3.51, and thats a no go firmware!!!