1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb here... Are modding wiis safe etc

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wifanatic, Jun 2, 2007.

1. wifanatic

wifanatic Member

i'm new here and i'm just wondering...this probably(obviously) has been posted a couple million times but i just have to ask.... i've recently got my wii and i'm deciding on wether to mod it or not. i read a few topics about how wiis are being bricked? would i be safe if i had a mod chip installed while only playing burned copies of current(primary reason of having thoughts on installing the chip) u.s released games? i would be burning my friend's disc if i had this installed. not looking to download games from torrents.

also i'm probably be a massive newb for asking this but... what is ntsc and what is pal?

thanks

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  2. jac33au

jac33au Guest

NTSC & PAL are the different regions. Pal is the UK & Australia (but not limited to) and NTSC is Nth America & Japan (again not limited to) Google will give you the full list.

Modded Wii's only get bricked from a couple of things.

1. The installer has screwed the install = brick(sometimes can be repaired)
    2. Games sometimes come with updates, an example is Paper Mario. If you own a NTSC wii and update with a PAL Paper Mario game = brick

Bricks only happen when people dont pay due attention and dont do research. If you have chip, get it installed by a pro and check the net before you put a new game in to see if it will update. If it does make sure your wii is updated before the game is put in.