1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb here

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by monty73, Dec 25, 2007.

1. monty73

monty73 Member

Hi i bought a couple psp's software is 3.71
    Can someone guide me in the direction of getting this thing capable of running iso games please.sorry for the basic question and thanks in advance.

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

you need a pandoras battery / mstick combo, the only way to dg 3.71

3. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

Here is a detailed guide of how to run isos:

First, to run isos u must have a custom firmware developed by (DarK_AleX).U currently have a official firmware Sony, so that's why u can't play isos.

First, I suggest u this program that I think is the best:

-TOTALNewbi easyInstaller:download here

Follow this guide is the best of how to create a magic MS via the program I gave to u.Follow this

-Then,after u create the Magic MS, u must create or buy a Pandora Battery.I suggest u to buy the DATEL Tool Battery.U can also hardmod your battery,opening the battery, and cutting the 5 th pin, but you must have a spare one if you try to do this, or unmod the battery, so it can boot in its normal state.

-After u have the Magic MS and the Pandora Battery, introduce first the Magic MS in the PSP, then the DATELTOOL battery, or the hardmodded battery.Then, the psp should automaticcally boot.It should appear a menu letting u to install 3.71 m33-2.Press x to install 3.71 m33-2.After all it is over, press x to shut down the psp, and introduce a normal battery.

-Then, format he ms: Settings>System Settings>Format Memory Stick.

-Then Restore ur default settings: Settings>System Settings>Restore Default Settings.

-U should then have 3.71 m33-2 to ur psp.That's a custom firmware that let's you play isos, from ur MS. Copy and Paste ur ISO, CSO or DAX files to the ISO folder in the roor of your memory stick.

Think this will help you

4. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Try this guide found Here to downgrade your PSP to 1.50then use this guide found Here to upgrade to 3.71 M33-4

Or you could try this guide found Here to flash 3.52 M33-4 or 3.71 M33-2 immediately then you could just install update 4 ..
    :)

EDIT: Try this guide found Here if you don't have CFW enabled PSP

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  5. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

U can use No1Noob's guide if u know someone with custom firmware . My guide is for unbricking w/out custom firmware

6. monty73

monty73 Member

OK first off No matter what I need to be able to play ISO games I need the pandora box memory stick combo to get started am I right?

7. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

yes the only way to downgrade or put custom firmware on your psp when you have 3.71 is to use pandora. You must have custom firmware or 1.5(with dev hook) to pay iso's.

8. monty73

monty73 Member

OK so,I only need this special battery to downgrade firmware after that is done i will continue with my own battery that came with the unit.

9. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

yes. If you have access to a psp with cfw already on it, then you can make your battery a pandora battery and then turn it into a normal battery when you are done.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

HERE is a easy installer (Universal unbricker V3) guide that requires a PSP SLIM/FAT that either has 1.50 firmware or custom firmware on it.

HERE is a easy installer (Universal unbricker V3) guide that has no requirement. Any PSP FAT/SLIM can be used but you will need to buy a Datel Tool Battery or Hardmod the Battery to a Pandora Battery if it is Hardmod compatible.

11. monty73

monty73 Member

Thanks larry,The first option alllows me to use the current battery I have in it now,or I still need the pandora setup?

Im such a newbie damn.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The first guide is if you have a friend that has a custom firmware PSP. They could follow that guide and create the Magic memory Stick and Pandora battery using their custom firmware PSP.

The second guide is used if you do not know anyone with a custom firmware PSP. You will need to use your official firmware PSP to create the Magic memory Stick but you will need to buy a Datel Tool Battery or Hardmod your battery to a Pandora battery.

13. monty73

monty73 Member

ok thanks Im learning here now lol,I bought 2 for christmas and was hoping to get some games going on them,little tougher than I thought.
    I really appreciate the help and patience.

14. monty73

monty73 Member

One last quick qestion,Do the movies I have found work the same way?Or will they play fine as is.
    Thanks