1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWB- Lots of Questions!!!(Be easy on me)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by titanx, Oct 25, 2004.

1. titanx

titanx Guest

BE GENTLE IM NEW HERE!!!!
    Ok here goes- I have been contemplating burning "backup" Cds of my PS2 games for awile. Finally after the other day I decided to start buying what I need to do it(to save money).
    Heres what I purchased:
    PS2 Flip Top Case
    PS2 Sway Magic boot disks(2)
    Currently building a brand new computer LOTS OF GOODIES so no problems with that.
    Also with the computer I am building I am purchasing either a 12X/16X DVD Burner.

This is my problem, I dont know squat about burning a game, nothing. I know that so far if I have a flip top and sway magic I can load burned games. HOW DO I BURN THE GAMES? I mean what do I need to burn games(programs)??? Where can I go to get games, if it is possible(to download, ect...)??? Does anyone have a step by step process on how to do this??? What type of Cds/DVDs should I use??? What are the problems that I might run into burning??? PLEASE tell me anything else I should know or need to do, I WOULD DEF APPRECIATE ANYONES TIME HELPING ME WITH THIS!!!
    My email is jmcmullenjr@comcat.net
    ANYTHING EMAILED TO ME TO HELP OUT - THANKS IN ADVANCE

JEFF

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I like using Alcohol 120% to backup games, works well so I've never tried any thing else. This thread will explains in good detail how to backup ps2 games.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105

As for downloading games, you can find most games at suprnova, just stay away from dvd rips, they usualy don't work, and as for what type of dvd media to use, some people swear the type of media you use makes a different, but I've never had any problems with and brand of dvd's. Older version of ps2's don't play dvd+R though, so you may want to get DVD-R's.

3. titanx

titanx Guest

Thanks I appreciate your fast responce, but not being rude, but anyone else Id also appreicate your input, I just would like to see some other opinions, thank you again dude!

Jeff