1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb Needs Help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by frye768, Apr 4, 2007.

1. frye768

frye768 Member

Hello I am a newb...and I need some help!

I have a PSP ver. 2.71 TA-082, I want to get it down to 1.5 and then up to 3.03 what do I need to do? There is lots of info out there but none of if it is well written, like they think you know what their talking about. Can some one help me out here? Please don't be vague in your instructions if I need a certain FW please tell me where to get it.

2. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Guess what your in luck! I just recently bought my own TA-082 psp with 2.71.. downgraded to 1.5 then up to 3.03 OE-C easy as pie. I will do my best to walk you through the whole thing.

Ok lets get started! Your gonna need to download a couple of files first: (save them to your desktop for easy access)

2.71 TA-082 Downgrade Files
    1.50 Updater
    3.03 OE-C Updater (you'll need this one for the 3.03 upgrade)

1. Plug your PSP in to your usb connection, establish a usb connection by going under settings to usb connection.

2. Go into your PSP usb connection through your computer and create the folder GAME, inside PSP.

3. Open the Downgrade Files and extract all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick.

4. Open the 1.50 Updater, rename the PBP file to UPDATE.PBP

5. Copy the newly named UPDATE.PBP to the folder GAME that you created earlier.

Note: For the next few steps make sure your battery is charged to at least 80% and your charger plugged in.

6. Exit to your PSP and run HEN-D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN-D folder in there.

7. When that is done, go to the GAME menu and and run the 1.5 enabler. The 1.5 enabler will tell you if you can run 1.5 or not. If it says you cannot press X to alter keys, don't continue with the steps until it says your settings will run 1.5

8. When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ (I believe in the game folder...not sure)

9. When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

10. When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen, Press O.

11. You now own a new v1.5 PSP!

But were not done here... WE'RE GOIN TO 3.03!! .... sorry lol

Ok so you can can get rid of the downgrader file u downloaded before, but keep the 1.5 eboot, you'll be needing it again shortly.

Note: You need a memory stick that is larger then 32mb

Note: You'll need the 3.03 Updater you downloaded earlier for this part.

1. Move the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders to the Game folder on your PSP.

2. Take the 1.5 eboot update u downloaded before and rename it to 150.PBP, After you rename it put it inside the oeupdmaker folder.

3. Take the 3.03 eboot update that you just downloaded and rename it too 303.PBP, After you rename it put it inside the oeupdmaker folder.

Note: There should now be 3 files in the oeupdmaker folder - EBOOT.PBP, 150.PBP and 310.PBP.

4. Disconnect your PSP from your Computer and Go to "Memory Stick" under "Game" on your PSP menu. Run the 3.03 OE-C Update Maker program. Wait for the program to finish, then exit back to the PSP menu.

Note: The program created a file called DATA.DXAR, which is located in the oeupdmaker folder.

Note: These next steps cannot brick your PSP, as they do not write to flash.

5. Go back to USB connection, and copy the 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% folders from your desktop to the "Game" folder on your PSP (Beside oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker%). Move the DATA.DXAR file from oeupdmaker to 303oeflasher.

Note: The DATA.DXAR file is illegal to distribute, which is why you have to make it yourself. Do not download a DATA.DXAR file directly, as it might be unsafe to use.

6. You can delete the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders once you transfer the DATA.DXAR file to 303oeflasher.

Note: These next few steps will not brick your PSP if done exactly the way I tell you. However if you do something that I don't tell you to do, and you brick your PSP I will not be held responsible.

Note: Your battery should be fully charged, or close to full. You should also have the PSP plugged into an outlet with the charger. Do not disconnect the charger, remove the battery, remove the memory stick, or press any buttons while updating.

7. Go back to Memory Stick under Game on your PSP menu, and run the 3.03 OE-A Firmware Install. It will show a disclaimer, Press X to continue.

8. Wait until it is completely finished before shutting down. It will tell you to press X to shut down the system when it is finished.

Turn it on, and you are NOW an owner of a brand new custom firware 3.03 OE-C PSP!!!

That really is the best I could possibly do, I really hope you understood what I was talking about, and could follow everystep. Hope your happy with your new Psp Frye.

3. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

this is what i used and i had done no hacking at all before this so i think it should work for you too good luck if you dont want to use the one above.

1. Purchase a copy of GTA:LCS unpatched
    2. Search for the 3.03 upgrade file and upgrade to 3.03
    3. Search for a tutorial on how to downgrade from 3.03 to 1.5
    4. Use hexitnow's winstaller to upgrade from 1.5 to 3.03e-oc

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

frye768 and jeremy, u don't need to even do it the manual way, there is a winstaller that makes it ridiculously easy

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

freaker, there is no need to upgrade to 3.03 to downgrade a 2.71, there is a donwgrader for 2.71

5. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

True.. but I like to be in control of what I am doing, and frye being a n00b I doubt he wants any factors in there that could possibly brick his psp. My way is 100% flawless if u follow every step, your in control.. i find it easier in the end to go through 5-7 mins of work. Both are good, i just trust myself over a program.

6. fultonla

fultonla Guest

really you trust youself over computer program that hundreds maybe thousands have use flawlessly?

i would be to scared of human error

7. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

if u have the perfect guide, and you are not anctious.. human turnout will always be better then a computer :p Like in terminator, if u give them to much power they will take over, i like to keep it oldschool too. The way i learned.. you could say im a die-hard old school psp hacker Lmfao..

Either way tho man, both work exactly the same... didnt mean to sound like i was portraying an attitude.. just like my own work, that way i can say I did it.. not a program

8. fultonla

fultonla Guest

thats what i like to do when modding and stuff i dont like some program doing a simple task like hex editing a menu name when i could do it myself

9. frye768

frye768 Member

Thanx Jeremy...I now got a 3.03oe-c aaawwwwwsomme!