1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb question about mpegs to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HPB, Mar 25, 2005.

1. HPB

HPB Member

I am very sorry about having to ask this question but i just cant find the answer doing searchs so i might be looking for the wrong thing.

I am looking for advice on how to put mpegs onto a dvd playable on most dvd devices. My problem is that i have about 4 gigabytes that i want to put onto 1 dvd but every program i use makes the files to big and forces me to use multiple dvd's. The movies are all concert footage (I am a huge ani difranco addict) and i just want it all on one disk. Any help or links to where i can find help would be greatly appreciated.

2. toney420

toney420 Guest

I'm want to convert my mpeg to a dvd. If you don't mind me asking what programs were you using to convert them. About your question, did you try dvd shrink that might help.

3. toney420

toney420 Guest

I want to convert my mpeg cartoons to a dvd. If you don't mind me asking what programs were you using to convert them. About your question, did you try dvd shrink, that might help. Sorry about the double post.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2005
  4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

how big were the original files before you attempted to convert them to mpeg2 and what file format were they in?

If you have the original files and they were avi i would suggest you look at a program called vso divx to dvd.The conversion for a 700meg avi to mpeg2 format can take as little as an hour.Once the files are configured to the right specification of an mpeg 2 compliant format then its easy to use say something along the lines of tmpgenc dvd author to re author your files and add menus etc before you burn it to disc.

There is a tutorial of tmpgenc in the guides section of AD and you will also find the vso divx to dvd also throught the search function