1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb ?'s on HDD for ps2 use

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by CD-Rhater, Apr 21, 2005.

1. CD-Rhater

CD-Rhater Guest

OK im new to the forum's here and ive ben fing with systems sience sega gen came out to US (ahh good memories) my ? is with the HDD for a ps2. i already use DVD decrypter and DVD+R and all that bs... but i wana know how to do the whole HD thing and dl games to the HD and play em directly off the HDD......i have a unopend FFXI HD that can be used and a Unopend ps2......i just need help on products and a "Essay"of how to hook the stuff up and how to get games on the HD .i got about 1,900$ to spend on equipment so please respond. thanks

2. CD-Rhater

CD-Rhater Guest

ALSO i do not want to use mod chips in this ps2 nor any other things like swapM ive got 5 ps2's with mod chips or modified crap in them and was hopeing all's i need is a HD in it so i can play online games....

3. Cue

Cue Member

i think u jus need HDAdvance and a hard drive u can connect 2 a pc, not really sure thou. but y dont u want to mod the system i think u can still play online games with a modded ps2 if the chip u get has a "stealth mode". can be turned off inother words.i dont think u can play online, off the HD, even if ur ps2 isnt chipped

4. MIKETHET

MIKETHET Member

Email me at: PS2Junk@Safe-mail.net

I'll walk you through it and breakdown what you need.

5. williej

williej Regular member

Get HD advance. Yes, you can use a free copy of HDLoader, but upon research you do have to mod your PS2, voiding the warranty. Check my signature ... I have the official 40gb HD, a 300gb HD and tons of games. It's awesome ... I highly recommend it.