1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWB: strange problem with slim ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jay_paez, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jay_paez

jay_paez Guest

im having problems with my slim ps2. i recently bought. its my first playstation. its a version 70006 and its modded with an infinity 1.38 (thats what it shows when the playstation 2 screen comes up). The problem is that im having a hard time loading games since all the games i have are copies. the red please insert screen usually come up for all 25 games ive bought. so i return the unit to the store with all the games i bought and what do you know!?!? all the games work suddenly... why is this?
    so i return to my home knowing that the unit is not defective but then i still have problems loading up the game but i can play games sometimes most of the times the please insert ps2 cd comes up.. they say that the unit is sensitive and loading it should be done properly.. is this true? and if it is how do i put the dvd on the playstation? is it a sign of a bigger problem?

2. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

Have you tried re-setting the PSTwo but leaving the lid open (with a disk in the drive)then when the memory card & gold disk screen come up select the gold disk & close the lid. ?

3. jay_paez

jay_paez Guest

yup, i do that sometimes and all of those times i go back to the red screen, do you have the same ps2 version as mine and modchip as mine?

4. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

Mine is SCPH-70002 (4D) with DMS4 lite