1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbe trying to understand

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newberob, May 31, 2007.

1. newberob

newberob Member

Hi everyone,
    Yes, I know "Not another newbe!", I apoligise in advance.
    I have read a lot of the forum here and there and now I have some questions, I hope someone can help me with.

I have just purchased a Samsung SH-D162C and a Pioneer 112D.
    How do I identify what firmware is installed on both drives?
    What firmware should I have installed on both drives? Kreon 0.81?
    Where can I get this firmware? I have looked!

I have downloaded Schtrom360Xtract V3.1 ready to start playing!

Is it possible to firmware update a Toshiba-Samsung XBOX360 DVD drive to play game backups? Some old post say no but, http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEyZEEVkpuqTQePCQl.php , states there is? Where can I get this firmware?

Thanks for any help!

Rob

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

best bet is to google "sh-d162c kreon download" and download that and install it, and your poineer burner should have pioneer firmware on it you can get that from their site. personally you may want to try xbox backup creator, never failed to produce a working rip or burn for me.

as far as flashing the dvd drive in your 360 its the easiest way to mod it, find out what dvd drive you have in your 360 by google "xbox 360 dvd drives" and look in images it will tell you what you have by comparing your dvd drive to the ones shown. once you have that info post back and we can try to help you from there.