1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbee needs suggestions for movie downloads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by video777, Jan 15, 2005.

1. video777

video777 Member

I'm rather new to the whole video thing. I'd much like to grab some movies online, but don't know what the preferable channels (e.g. TMD) are. Would any of you pros out there be so kind as to recommend me a setup scenario? More specifically, what does one require to be able to acquire the latetst and greatets (i.e. moview) online. Does this require membership to any particular servie?

Thanks for your expertise.

2. Winter000

Winter000 Guest

Hi video777,

Try a good peer to peer network like say, Ares.

http://www.aresgalaxy.org/ares/

I use that exclusively for connecting with network friends and it is very fast and mostly clean of trojans, spybots, and the occassional 8 gig joke someone labels wrong. Can't say thst about Kazaa or even Napster in its day. Use you anti virus and cookie removal tools as much as you can stand it and update constantly with that stuff.

You could also subscribe to a movie service and not have to worry about anything but fuzzy streams, too much money and how old Clint Eastwood is getting. W

Watch your credit card purchases, some of those places live to screw you at the end of your sub. I have had em charge me for three months after I canceled. Yeah, visa will get it back for ya, but it's a big hassle and if you go over your limit, you pay those fees, not Clown movies are us. hehe!.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What is this doing in the Audio forum? Thread moved.

4. video777

video777 Member

Winter- thanks for the advice. I was uncertain to as whether people who have been successful in this endeavor were paying for services or finding another solution that worked just as well (or better) than the flurry of anxoius provider who promise the world. I'll defintely check out your offering. Thanks again.

Moderator: the newbee didn't know...