1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie about to have a nervous breakdown... Please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nshahr, Nov 30, 2004.

1. nshahr

nshahr Member

OK... here I go. I have made a 4.5 minute video for my girlfriend for Christmas in which I ask her to marry me. I used Windows Movie Maker to edit a bunch of music video clips and photos and then added the music file in wav format (i have it in mp3 if you think that is better.) So next I converted that file to a dv-avi file. After reading this forum for a better part of 4 days I did the following:
    1. ran the dv-avi file through tmpgenc, followed the guide step by step, to yeild a file named
    XXXXXXXXXX.[m2v+mp2] (i read somewhere on afterdawn that on the last page of tmpgenc I should load the ntsc-dvd template? I didn't do that... should I?)
    2. i took this file and put it in IFOedit (m2v in video and mp2 in audio... also I had no subtitles so I skipped that section) I pressed ok and a few minutes later it was done.
    3. I used Roxio dvd creator to take the files that ifoedit made and burned them onto a blank dvd.
    4. No matter what I do the dvd won't play in any dvd player or even on my computer.

Ok, I just want her to press play... watch the dvd and say yes. What is the easiest wat to do this??? PLEASE.... Help.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry, I don't deal with DVDs, but since you seem to have files (4' 30"), why don't you make a VCD (1 CD = 80')?
    1) Convert the movies into PAL/NTSC Video-CD MPEG-1 with TMPGenc
    2) if you want to add music, make a 'MP2 for SVCD' with BeSweet and use them ad 'audio source' for TMPGenc (the AVI will be the Video Aource)
    2) Create a VCD image with VCDGear
    3) burn the image
    4) read the 'sticky' threads and the guides we made....